New PFF top 100

I would have no problem with him at 6 I like the idea of Hutch… Commish…McMeil an Wilson

During are winning run we would see Hutch an Commish switch it can work same at other end .You can work Pascal in also either side. If we sign Buggs that gives us another big body on short yardage also. We still have no idea the condition of Levi s also.

I tend to lean towards longer an maybe 20 pounds lighter but quicker DL man Like Wilson who would be 6’6" 275 pounds coming from one edge an Hutch from other With more length an size like Commish an Pascal Check the top D in league they have one big body an then size an speed.
Murphy is another one

By drafting say a Wilson or Murphy you have the cap to keep Comish an add a CB or keep likely are safety Deshon Than paying huge amount for a DT

You move Houston Romeo around as a rush LB a super size Sam LB

I like idea work FA around raft plans we know its very likely we get a big long body to add to DL at 6 an its likely we get the CB we want an need at 18

If we sign a young CB in FA an add one at 18 we have improved are CB group… We keep Deshon an can add if we want depending on Walker to Safety later.

Your looking at RD to fill any hole you want. Maybe they do drop Big V wee can add a quality OG to play ROG an still have Kraemer to start if the rookie needs time. I wouldn’t mind a depth OT also

Spend FA money on what you know if you can example Chark we know he wants to come back an staff knows what they have for sure. I say resign 3 year deal unless just over priced. that sets your O up an you just improve depth cost is a #2 WR

I hoe they add 3 top tier rookies in draft an then improved possible depth.

1 Like

I’m sure most know this…… but I offer a refresher.

In 2006…. the Giants had Strahan, Osi, and Tuck.

They spent a 1st round pick on Kiwanuka.

In 2007… those 4 combined for 36.5 sacks….
and the “Nascar” package shocked the world when they beat an undefeated Patriots team.

There have been several teams since that game that won Super Bowls with a superior pass rush (Seahawks, Broncos, Bucs, … even the Rams).

IMO… It is difficult to invest too much on the pass rush.

5 Likes

Renner has always loved Levis. Most of the other PFF guys are more skeptical but Renner’s the lead draft guy over there so :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

You might be nuts, sometimes I see Josh Allen in his game. So I guess that might make me crazy?

1 Like

There are some guys that I absolutely love but was surprised to see so high. Big Sydney Brown fan but 60? Also a big Jalen Cropper fan but quite surprised he’s in the top 100.

1 Like

Hulk Hogan Freedom GIF
Impossible to agree more!

YEEEESSS!!!

3 guys I really like. Branch, Witherspoon and Flowers keep moving up draft boards.

I’ve been on Witherspoon now as my top CB for a while. Watched tape on all of them. But Spoon’s ball skills, super aggressive contesting at the catch point, versatility inside and outside, and his viscous dog mentality as a savage run supporter puts him up top. Love Branch as a slot safety. I like Gonzalez as a smooth zone/man flex w ball skills. Cam is really tough. But Spoon is my guy.

4 Likes

I believe that was the plan with OT Obinna Eze this year. I look forward to seeing his growth in preseason.What did a year under Hank do for him?
2022 Draft profile: The Draft Network

2 Likes

And he’s Kerbys teammate

1 Like

In the NFL Stock Exchange podcast mock I just listened to Witherspoon went 7th to the Raiders (right after we took Gonzalez). Those two guys are starting to separate themselves I feel.

I’m with you, Witherspoon has the ideal demeanor for a DB, that’s one of my only hang-ups with Gonzalez. But Gonzalez has the unteachables in spades, whereas Witherspoon might be 5’10+ with 30 inch arms (I think he’s probably just shy of 6 feet with average arm length, but it’s hard to tell these things on tape when length & height don’t stand out). That would probably be enough for me to keep Gonzalez over him, but I’d still have him above most of the other guys.

2 Likes

I really like the way this kid plays and the only thing that stops him from being the top CB are the measurables.

The combine will make or break where he goes but he’s a first round talent all day.

Yep agree 100%

Yes… but you need to spread it out among the positions. We don’t have ONE 3t who can hold up for an entire game. But we have 3 speed rush DE’s that can be liabilities against the run. Then Hutch and Romeo who can do both, then two 5t types who can play SSDE and reduce inside in Commish and Paschel. Then 3 NTs. So if we want to add another pass rusher, it make echelons more sense to get a 3t than a 4th speed rush DE. Unless you believe in miracl… I mean Levi.

2 Likes

I like that show but I don’t think Trevor or Connor are all that familiar with the Lions roster. Mike as a packers fan knows us better IMO.

Though I did like Trevor’s Perfect fit of Darnell Washington and the Lions. But that’s one of my boy would that be fun blind spots.

Trevor did mock us Mayer at 18 which… blech. He has some work to do before he understands our GM. I agree Renner’s a lot more knowledgeable, and I also think he has a better scouting background. He learned from guys in the league how to evaluate. Trevor started as an internet scout. I think it makes a difference.

1 Like

I have Darnell at that pick from Hock.
Him or Kancey DT

Darnell Washington…you don’t need a 6th OL package with him. Just leave him in the game

I’m not sold on Washington. I think people just assume he is a good blocker because he is big. Watching his film, he was not an impact blocker at all and his feet looked slow. Doesn’t look all that athletic running routes. He is good when the ball is in the air. Seemingly has great hands and ball awareness, probably a nice jump ball red zone type.

1 Like

So in my head I have a clear first tier in this draft and its small:

Jalen Carter
Will Anderson
Bijan Robinson

Those three are the cream of the talent crop, and then there is everybody else. Like those three are probably All Pros early in their careers.

I realize that this board is about positional value, but I like to view it in this lens too.

2 Likes

I feel like Ringo is really good sticking with a WR going deep on like a fade route or sideline go. I’ve seen him be very effective. You love his size and speed combo. The place where I think he might not be elite is asking him to open up his hips on other routes.