NFL Free Agency Thread

Yea, Kerby is starting for sure. Hopefully Walker is back 100% healthy, knock on wood his recovery keeps going well. Not a lot of depth though.Iffy has been Iffy with all the injuries.

Who is still available that might come at decent price!?

2 Likes

There is still several available that can probably be had on a cheap 1 year deal. We will get one I thinkā€¦crazy thin at safety if we donā€™t.

1 Like

Iā€™m hoping we bring in a guy like Kerby Joseph, if ya know what I mean :wink:

3 Likes

The 3rd safety is already on the roster. His name is Jeff Okudah

4 Likes

Maybe.

But heā€™s good in the run game and tackling, I think weā€™ll have Okudah closer to the line of scrimmage at nickel.

1 Like

I like the idea from a skill set perspective. However, Okudah has had a lot of injury issues, not just the achilles. But heā€™s had elbow, consussion, hamstring. shoulder, and groin injuries in the past 3 seasons. Not sure he is durable enough to play safety.

3 Likes

Maybe Chark isā€¦

We both know Swift and Okudah are injury prone. But Chark has just been unlucky with injuries. His athletic profile is off the charts. It probably translates to safety also.

Comedy Laughing GIF by GEICO

I hope so. Use him in the @Dallas role and I think he could be a stud. Donā€™t know it that would be a safety or a nickel. Almost like a permanent Robber.

1 Like

Heā€™s gonna change positions in his contract year? I have a hard time seeing that happen

1 Like

I think he did play safety in high school if I recall, like when he went to OSU they were thinking of playing him at safety before he settled at cornerā€¦I think I remember reading that. Could be way off.

He does seem to have a skill set for the position. Iā€™m just not sure his body will stay in 1 piece regardless of the position heā€™s playing.

1 Like

Does he have a choice? He hasnā€™t exactly set the world on fire to demand anything.

He was also benched last year @ corner. I donā€™t think the Lions coaches are nearly as high on Okudah as some of the fans are. You gotta remember they didnā€™t draft Okudah, he was a Bob Quinn pick.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve heard this several places but for some reason I have zero memory of him playing safety from back when he was getting recruited and early on at Ohio State.

Poop

Damn

1 Like

Oh No Marty GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

3 Likes

Nice signing by the Steelers:

shittyreactions GIF