Obj to the

great point… and they are paying them next to nothing.

and… WHO would you rather play with?

Stafford… great guy.
Rodgers… a-hole.

Seems like a good choice to me.

I’m so curious to see what happens here. I’ve thought for years Stafford to OBJ was a match made in heaven. But he may not be the same guy as five years ago so…

There is almost no risk at all for the RAMS. It’s a depth move. Much like Desean if OBJ becomes any kind of headache they cut bait for almost nothing.

This is very smart of the Rams:

“He’ll also be eligible for $3 million in incentives based on team achievements in the regular season and postseason.”

That should keep his attitude a bit in check (to the extent possible). He makes his money if the team wins, regardless of who gets the ball.

1 Like

Have to give the Rams credit… they have been creative with trades to acquire players involving picks… then maneuvered the salary of Von Miller brilliantly… and now this move to motivate OBJ to be a team player.

NFL is supposed to be a copycat league… so will be interesting to see if the the rest learn something.

I was waiting for this.

If Matt wins, it’ll be “see, he could only win with talented players around him.”

If Matt loses, it’ll be “see, Matt can’t win even with talented players around him.”

It’s why I just chuckle whenever these conversations come up. Meanwhile, in DETROIT…

Haterade is bad for your health.

1 Like

I think every QB needs help around him. QB can’t win by himself.

2 Likes

Yup. There’s a reason Brady chose a loaded TB team.

Weather didn’t hurt either!

Rams will be loving OBJ if either Kupp or Woods gets hurt, and I believe Kupp has a history of getting hurt. Great move by the Rams IMO.

But he’s the reason why they are great…lol.

Well, he sure isn’t hurting.

He’s having a fantastic year on a good team and they’re taking steps to make sure they can make a deep run in January.

Imagine that…

It’s fascinating, really.

If the Lions signed OBJ and the team was 7-2, we’d all be doing backflips that the organization is truly, finally, at long-last interested in winning.

Rams do it with Stafford, and it’s proof that Matt can’t win.

The absence of reason and sweltering hate over one individual is amazing, and no, I’m not buying the excuse it’s because we’d “rather pick at 26 instead of 32.” It’s because some have redirected their (rightful) hate and frustration with this franchise toward a former player.

Imagine rooting for an organization that cared HALF as much about winning as the LA Rams do.

2 Likes

Name a QB who has EVER had a roster as bad as the Lions lead them to playoff greatness. Nobody can because he doesn’t exist.

Even the all time greats like Peyton and Brady had/have all kinds of help on both sides of the ball. And often some as little as a ground game for Godsake.

But oh… he QUIT on us. People are lame sometimes.

2 Likes

The pats loooooooved to do stuff like the OBJ move

1 Like

Man you nailed that one. OBJ would have been the perfect guy to go to the Pats when Brady was there and they were still winning SB’s.

1 Like

Again, the Browns are somehow better without OBJ free-lancing his routes but somehow LA is supposed to be better with OBJ. LOL

I don’t see this lasting long, McVay and Stafford will be having fits.

I think Stafford is perfectly suited for a receiver to free lance his routes. I just don’t know how McVay is going to handle it.

2 Likes

Unless he’s trying to throw a timing route…and his WR isn’t where he’s supposed to be creating interceptions.

Not to mention that OBJ can’t catch the ball…but maybe Baker had too much arm for him. LOL

This sounds like a splash signing but I think there’s a reason the Rams put-in for Josh Reynolds before they went after OBJ.

1 Like

You don’t have to buy anything you don’t want to.
It doesn’t mean its true.
I can root for Matt to do well, and know he’s the best QB we’ve had, and know that he was definitely not the reason we never won a playoff game – he put us into the playoffs. I can also want him to be happy personally while also hoping the Rams lose because we have a vested interest in them losing. If you don’t think one position in the draft isn’t important, look at Chsae Young and Jeff Okudah. If you don’t buy it, don’t, but it doesn’t mean what you think is true. I’m very comfortable with this, and there is no “hate” whatsoever toward Stafford or anything else really.
Hate is a strong word. I’m not sure I’m capable of hating.

2 Likes