Okay, let's have a QB debate; Goff vs Allen 😆

Playing by your rules (that you hold yourself to), we cherry pick which questions we respond to…it makes it easier to move the goal post & frame your “argument” as a winner. Isn’t that how it works? Then you pretend you don’t know you do it & that it isn’t real.
…oooorrr… I could contend that you xon’t know what a double standard is & find an obscure link (not the actual definition) as “proof”

Was he lucky that he nailed several clutch throws to overcome the 4 fumbles his teammates flubbed away? To watch that game & come away with “lucky” is some reeeeeaaally strong fishing… I’m talking deep sea fishing.

Apparently not. LOL

1 Like

Don’t you just love February in The Den.
I started this thread as a joke/jab.
We love to argue about the QB, don’t we!
Harrington, Kitna, Stafford, Goff, the next guy (even if it’s AR). Doesn’t matter.

This is close to word-soup nonsense. Again that’s not a cherry pick and there aren’t ‘rules’ here other than no personal attacks and be collegial. I’m also not moving the goal posts. I was asking you to clarify what statements I made that support your claim I was the one showing a double standard.

You didn’t because you can’t. What you should consider doing in the future is take a step back from the weeds and try to think about the actual statements and arguments being made

This is a ridiculous statement.

Again read my statements. But don’t just read them try to actually understand them. I said it takes talent, good coaching, complimentary football and some luck

Stafford was lucky when his pick was dropped. He showed talent when he made clutch throws. I’m
not sure how you can’t see that. What you do is ignore statements and get all wonky when any mention of luck is brought up.

Lol, you can’t handle it. Fascinating.
Bobs Burgers Someone GIF

I’m not weighing in on Allen vs. Goff cuz I honestly haven’t watched Josh Allen nearly enough to have an informed take on his game.

But I suspect that “flash” has a LOT more to do with the perceived difference between them than a lot of folks will acknowledge. Allen plays QB the ways we did as kids in the neighborhood. Allen has a bazooka arm, can ad-lib for days, uses his legs, and doesn’t slide. Goff is the anti-flash.

2 Likes

Cute. But I don’t think a Bobs Burger meme is a persuasive substitute for content

1 Like

Creating threads mocking a certain position of thinking is okay though………insinuating people can’t think critically or comprehend words is 100% okay.

There ya go then.
Zero curiosity → just “I’m right & you are wrong”
No self accountability. Not saying “ever,” but I can say I’ve never seen it.
You’ll make suggestions as to where others can “take a look,” but as for your own self growth -->…no interest

Growth driven vs significance driven.
Pure deflection, or taking a look at it?

the definition of collegial isn’t “passive aggressive, indirect, cherry-picking, accusational languaging,” bro

Always looking for a reframe, redefining terms, others “can’t understand,” etc.

It’s almost hyperbolic at times, like a character in a sit com. Highly predictable.

Of course there are no rules…they are unwritten…& you have different standers for others than you hold yourself to.

Fantastic example of what I’m talking about.
Coulx understand me, my drivers, what I’m here for, & ask if that story even makes sense…
OR just show up like…
Naaahhh… deflect, chalk it up to “Natty’s just full of shit,” & I will dismiss what he says (nothing dismissive or avoidant about that, btw)

Yeah, yeah, “but you’re dismissing what I say too”…yup…Now I am, because it’s the same merry-go-round with you, & at some point you have to consider the source & take it for what it’s worth.

Here’s the difference…
→ is it a pattern? Is it how they show up in conversations with lots of ppl, or just one person?
vs
→ it only shows up here, in this conversation.

How many ppl in my life would consider me dismissive?
if it is more than a few, it’s time to look in the mirror.

I disagree w/ppl on here all the time, & 90% of the time, ppl are at least open to discussion & taking a look at themselves.
It is a very select few that are not.

Well humor has its place. If any of your posts were ever funny I’d probably like your posts more.

I’m not insinuating some people aren’t thinking critically. I’m saying it outright. Natty accuses me of a double standard while not even coming close to seeing the actual arguments I have made and refusing to answer when I asked for clarification

1 Like

I thought it was hilarious. :crazy_face:

I’ve never really cared about your opinion. And there is no point to really try with you. It’s simply calling you out on your bullshit and keep it moving.

dismissive again? predictable No point in taking a look at it, just project your opinion, & keep floating through your comfort zone, man.

1 Like

Gaslighting.

For a simple reason that I am also aware of. There is no point. we got better things to do then entertain your desperate attempts.

It kept a conversation going for a month!
Nobody forced you to participate. You were only too willing.

1 Like

Word soup again. It’s not a metaphorical or rhetorical ‘you can’t’. It’s literally ‘you can’t’ because I never made the statements you are characterizing. I don’t need a lecture on self-growth because you make a claim. I was arguing a double standard when it was actually you projecting yours

There’s nothing passive aggressive about ‘ok show me what statements I made that are a double standard. Actual statements not your idea of what I said’

If anything that’s normal aggressive. But I’d say I was lending the courtesy of allowing you to clarify and support yourself

Someone needs to sponsor a logic clinic so people can understand what cherry picking actually means

Word soup. Take a breath amigo and regroup

niecy nash shut up GIF by The Soul Man

Actually, what you said was…

No sense in keeping it real though…

he knows he’s flame baiting, which was the entire point of the thread.
designed to get ppl riled up…but then play dumb, pretend you can’t understand how someone could see it that way, & pull the victim card. Gaslighting. Continually telling others what they think…like the goff wheel. If you can’t see it my way, then it’s because of a reason on the goff wheel. Why? Cuz I say so.

humor can bring us together, for connection.
it can give us significance, by tearing others down,
it can detensify a situation & create calmness
it can create secondary gain by self deprecating,
it can build ppl up
etc

Pay attention to what ppl are up to.

1 Like

I like to think of it as, “creating content”?:laughing:

You think that’s gaslighting? I assume you’re referring to my parody post on drafting AR which made fun of the 1,000 post thread and the three other exact same threads that popped up about it. That’s using humor. Not gaslighting. It wasn’t emotionally manipulating you in order to control you

Then go do them. I could not care less if you post here or not

1 Like