Okay, let's have a QB debate; Goff vs Allen šŸ˜†

I knew there was a reason I like you.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
But, it was kind of emotionally manipulative, and, a couple have been total marionettes.:laughing:

How does that refute my argument? Stafford was lucky his pick was dropped. Goff was lucky the DB didnā€™t get flagged.

Those true statements shouldnā€™t be controversial but for some reason the idea Stafford got lucky there sets you off

The entire point of the thread was to make light of the thousands of posts on the topic. I guess any humor that doesnā€™t involve mentioning how handsome other dudes are or how much hair that have goes right over your head

I donā€™t think, I know. And youā€™re showing you have a working understanding but not a true therapeutic/psychological understanding of the term. Like I have always said, you read a few books. Cool.

I didnā€™t say I would leave, I said engaging in your little game is pointless. Iā€™m not going anywhere. You donā€™t have that kind of power or influence.

Boom! The reason I created this thread.
It was obvious we were never going to see an end of the Goff threads.
If you canā€™t beat 'em, beat 'em senseless.
I can create another thread so that we can cover the same ground for the 6,002 time, if you like.
Iā€™m here to please.:rofl:

I didnā€™t ask you to leave. I said I could not care less

For someone who critiques others for communicating you should really work on your self-awareness.

You said you have better things to do than ā€˜entertain my desperate attemptsā€™

OK drama queen, Well nobody is forcing you to. Thatā€™s my point. You can go on your merry way

Thatā€™s doesnā€™t imply Iā€™m done on the board.

Personal attacks are discouraged on this board, or so Iā€™ve been told. :joy:

Hereā€™s how Iā€™m seeing the evolution of the posts here

Argument: It takes skill, coaching, health and some luck to make a SB run. Stafford was lucky his arm punt pick was dropped. Goff was lucky his DB wasnā€™t called for PI

Merry band of uncritical thinkers: You have a double standard!! You say Stafford only won because of luck

Me: Please show me the actual statements where I showed a double standard and nobody ever said Stafford only won because of luck

Merry band of uncritical thinkers: ā€œCherry picked goalpost passive aggressive word-soup significance driven ego-jibberish!ā€

Me: Heres a thought maybe think critically about the actual arguments that were presented. Both QBs were lucky. Both QBs also made clutch game winning drives. Again whereā€™s the double standard from me?

MBOUT: Youre gaslighting us!! Wah!

If the slipper fitsā€¦

I take a breath before I post (if I feel anxiety, which I xonā€™t here, brother)

If you think Iā€™m even remotely triggered, you are way off base.
If we were sitting at a kitchen table together, you wouldnā€™t even go to half of the things you do/say half of the things you say. I promise you that.

You canā€™t read energy nearly as well through text.

1 Like

Whatā€™s interesting is this whole exchange could have been avoided if you just posted my statements you thought were a double standard.

Iā€™ve noticed when you donā€™t have a good argument and people press you on it you just start accusing them of all sorts of wonky bullshit and deflect by tossing out nonsensical meandering rants

The conversation the mods are currently havingā€¦

Lock It Up Vince Vaughn GIF by filmeditor

Humor comes from somewhere. It is based on something. Humor can absolutely be used as a form of gaslighting. Sarcasm, deprecating, creation of division, etc. Us vs them to create teams & build yourself up by invalidating opinions of others. Itā€™s like watching the propagandaā€¦oopsā€¦I mean news. Itā€™s gaslighting.

Making fun of a race, religion, political group, etcā€¦same exact energy you are bringing. Feels like Hannity &/or Maddow -type lens. You either agree w/me or you are a moron.

Recognizing that I created thisā€¦& I am wasting my own time, as you canā€™t assist someone to see something they truly have no interest in seeing.

Sending my best, its all we can do

Josh Allen runs fast which make him better. QBā€™s who canā€™t run sub 4.6/40 (the only stat that matters) are outdated relics and canā€™t win games in todayā€™s NFL. I donā€™t even know why we have a Super Bowl, we should just have a QB foot race, winner take all! P.S. I love you all however my satire knows no bounds. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You think the following thread is on par with mocking race and religion or political groups? I get your humor seems to begin and end with saying so and so should be bald. But good grief. Iā€™d say you take yourself way too seriously but youā€™ll just accuse me of gaslighting

Wrong - Iā€™ve done that before & it turns into bobbing & weavingā€¦ sidestepping & moving the goalposts while cherry picking what to answer/not to answer. Forcing conversations into a certain framing. This takes 1/10th the energy.

The only way to avoid this with you is to not respond to your posts.
You have self-proclaimed that you ā€œlove being rightā€ & that you ā€œlike to argueā€.

I have no interest in either.

I realize for some reason Matt is a hot button issue for you that is triggeringā€¦& that things get amplified for you when itā€™s concerning that topic, & that you show up differently in other conversations.

There are definitely some things that could change to bring you more peace.

is that what I said, or is this more gaslighting?
itā€™s a parallel energy that it is divisive, creates separation out of ignorance with no attempt to understand.

See ā†’ that is an example of your ā€œdebate style,ā€ it is wildly dishonest, has zero has no accountability, & is always trying to paint yourself as a victim by putting words in someone elseā€™s mouth. Gaslighting. :facepunch: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

thatā€™s what she saidā€¦dontā€™ leave that out or youā€™ll miss the entire boat, ya handsome MFā€™r!

If this is your take on me, you are in an extreme minority
Iā€™m a frigginā€™ clown 80+% of the time.

You have? Iā€™ve never seen you actually address an argument without lapsing into gibberish.

Hereā€™s the chance again. Kind of a do-over for you:

What are my statements that support your accusation of a double standard?

All you have to do is present them if they exist

When have I said ā€œI love being rightā€. Thatā€™s a quote? Youā€™re also misquoting me on the latter. I said I like to construct arguments. In the Socratic sense. Itā€™s literally what this board is for. Itā€™s the foundation of discussion. How that perpetually flies over your head is baffling

Thatā€™s ironic. Itā€™s the hot button issue for you. The statements all QBs and teams need some luck when going on a SB run is reasonable and basically what triggered you. All I said was I found it telling that you bring up the missed PI as an example of luck in Goffs CC win but you fail to mention the clutch game tying and game winning drives. No warrior energy kudos there?

Being a clown comes from somewhere. It is based on something. Being a clown can absolutely be used as a form of gaslighting. Sarcasm, deprecating, creation of division, etc. Us vs them to create teams & build yourself up by invalidating opinions of others. Itā€™s like watching the propagandaā€¦oopsā€¦I mean news. Itā€™s gaslightingā€¦.a gaslighting clown