Once again, we are fine

This can’t be a real take :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah you would think if that was true we would have been champions many times over with all our monster high draft pics. And losing a good thing well then we been great.

There’s really no excuse for the defense to be this bad against the Hawks. I’m sorry but AG has to go. Not only were our defenders outplayed but the scheme was terrible, there were no adjustments and the players looked clueless.

It seriously looked like they were just running around with no real strategy

3 Likes

What do you disagree with? You don’t believe teams should keep searching for a franchise QB until they find one? It’s weird that all the top teams spend tremendous resources at the QB position but the Lions do not.

Not quite at the worse than pencil ear yet but it’s getting close

1 Like

If only the last 12 years we could have had a number one overall pick QB. And just imagine if we had managed to land a HOF WR to pair with. Maybe draft a few first round TEs as well

2 Likes

I’m not sure what a “franchise QB” would have done for us today. We put up 41 points.

We have no defense.

3 Likes

1 Like

I’m out of likes but yes… like

1 Like

31 million paid for 1,200 yards, 11 TD, 3 INT (one was a late toss up) and a 100 passer rating in four games. You’re right. They are definitely ignoring the position.

3 Likes

Goffs numbers are pretty good and he is still pretty young. He has never had a healthy oline, and swift has never been healthy. Goff is no where near the issue

2 Likes

And one was a late interception

2 Likes

Very fair point, I’m stealing it. Gracias to you kind sir.

3 Likes

Green Bay had a HOF QB and they drafted another one. Oh yeah and then they did the exact same thing again. The Lions haven’t done a thing to add a real asset since they drafted Stafford lol. There is one organization that wins the division every year and a team that picks top 10 every year.

Eagles:
1)Moved on from super bowl mvp Nick foles
2) Drafted Hurts while they had Carson wentz
3)Moved on from #2 overall pick Carson wentz.
4) Traded a 6th for an asset in Gardner Minshew.

Best team in NFC.

These are how real organizations handle the QB position/transact.

Lions in last 14 seasons:

1)Draft Stafford
2) Spend nothing higher than a 6th at the QB position
3) Trade Stafford and acquire overpaid mental midget QB.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a little early to claim Love is a HOF QB. GB knew Favre was close to retiring and they already had a pretty complete team drafting in the late 20’s.

They weren’t coming off a season with the worst defense in history like we will

Goff and Stafford aren’t the issues.

Goff is the least of our issues. We actually were able to replace Stafford with a comparable level qb.

1 Like

I don’t care about numbers. Watch games. Smart QBs don’t throw jump balls to Kalif Raymond into triple coverage when you can run for a first down LOL!!

1 Like

Yes, why worry about drafting a qb when need 8 or 9 new bodies on defense side

Exactly. Our defense looked like a flipping sieve.

Draft DL, edge, LB and secondary because every single level of that defense looked like garbage today