Perhaps why JAMO was brought along slowly

Well said and yeah, he is not getting the starting WR position given to him.

5 Likes

If a kid is immature and not practicing well, that is not “brought along slowly” that is “coming along slowly”.

Holmes paid a LOT to get an immature, talented player coming off injury that produced next to nothing in year 1.

Risky and expensive. Jamo better get his behind in gear.

12 Likes

One thing I noticed was Jamo was trying really hard in run blocking situations, so that’s encouraging. Shit that one block he had on Jackson’s TD run was a thing of beauty. So, it’s in there if we can get it out of him.

10 Likes

See, this actually has me concerned some. I thought they had a “no turd” philosophy now, and part of not being a turd is being mature and doing the right things all the time, not just flipping the switch for game time. It’s even more frustrating to hear about if you are going to be all huffy about things on the sideline, while knowing that you didnt put in the same work as the other guys during practice.

Hopefully it’s all being overblown and he does what he needs to do over the offseason and comes to OTA’s with a purpose.

6 Likes

So there is a strong rumor he left OSU bc he didn’t outwork guys he was more talented then……but I guess the team is committed to it. If you piece it all together the things some of you posted like @LineBusy and BJ’s press conference and MCDC talking about him…this podcast etc…it all makes sense. Don’t think it will be an issue but it is something to keep an eye on.

8 Likes

I shared this almost a month ago.

Questions about his work ethic are real from what I’ve heard. Which is shocking to me. Coming from Bama you’d think Saban wouldn’t tolerate it… he’s extremely talented so let’s hope a full offseason will make things click for him.

9 Likes

It does kinda make some sense, you’re right. I remember Goff shaking his head after one of the throws to Jamo. The kid has juice, but shit a lot of WR’s are divas at heart. Hopefully he’s just immature and St. Brown and the boys will whip his ass into a killer before long.

7 Likes

I mean he wasn’t insanely more talented than Garrett Wilson and JSN, but since he wasn’t more talented you’d think it would encourage him to attempt to outwork those guys for playing time.

One thing about Brian Hartline that I think is so great is he hasn’t really had any issues retaining his good players. He brings in an insane amount of talent to that WR room and yet we don’t see guys transferring out. 5 stars like Egbuka, Fleming (who’s dealt with a lot of injuries), guys like Caleb Burton, and even incoming freshman like Brandon Iniss and Carnell Tate know that they’re going to have to wait their turn and compete with the other guys for playing time, but they do it anyway. Jameson was really the only starting level WR that’s transferred out since Brian Hartline really kicked it into gear on the recruiting trail (no offense to Mookie Cooper).

I really hope he learns how to work to be great at this level. He’s surrounded by guys that do it. If he doesn’t figure this out then it’s clearly on him, because he watches it every day and is coached by guys that get it.

This seems to be a first for a Brad Holmes draft pick. Let’s hope it doesn’t become a trend.

4 Likes

Yup! This is what @QBHATER90 has been telling me since 4 or 6 weeks, or so ago?

I hate it & didn’t want to believe it (of course)… but you can see it in his energy.
His tantrum on the sideline is the first time I saw it for myself.

I really wish I could work with him, for real.

8 Likes

Yes he does, but he needs to run in practice, too. Timing is important. He has to be where Goff thinks he’s going to be. Can’t half ass it in practice and then expect everything to work in a game.
As long as he doesn’t turn into a Titus Young….

4 Likes

Did you have to go there…

dear god no GIF

4 Likes

Wait when did this happen?

4 Likes

He was one of the few players we took that was not a team captain last year. I expect we will see a return to drafting team leaders as part of our strategy this year.

1 Like

Packers on SNF. On the pass that didn’t happen. When Goff threw it into the dirt and people were saying he should have given JAMO a chance.

4 Likes

As Jamo was flailing his arms on the field like wtf.

3 Likes

I hate saying this → haaaate it…but he’s a great route runner. Herman Moore posted a big video on it.
This feels more like lack of practice (not knowing the playbook)

YES!!! St Brown could have a HUGE impact on this team, if he takes teh time to mentor his younger brother. Best WR tandem in the league, if they decides to be.

10 Likes

I’ll have to rewatch. Thanks

3 Likes

I think you have to take chances on talent to get over the hump. He isn’t a bad kid. But he doesn’t have a work ethic. If we succeed w him we have a top 10 talent. But he doesn’t have St. Brown’s work ethic or mindset. So I would say pay attention to the OTA’s and Mini camps and what rogers and mirnke say about him and what the coaches say about him. The sense is he will figure it out……but apparently they didn’t expect this…scale of 1-10 1 being nothing 10 being end of the world this is like a 2….but it 100% explains the questions we had and the cryptic pressers.

11 Likes

I wanna say it was the Jets game? Help me out fellas…
(my memory is shit, brother)

2 Likes

Also, if this really is the case, keeping a veteran presence like Chark would be a very smart idea to help Jamo develop. St. Brown is great and all, but I’m sure hearing it from someone who’s been around and has a lot more experience at this level would be received differently.

9 Likes