Post your 2023 Mocks Draft Simulator

Yea, no way I take him that high, sixth round and also not losing any sleep if Lions don’t take him.

As i said, somewhere on the board, one of my two UM homer picks.

I wouldn’t take Luke any higher than the 5th, IMO.

I believe he has a NFL future ahead of him, just as a #2/#3 TE.

2 Likes

2 rounder, with trades to get the 4 guys I really want on this team (Gonzalez, Skinner, Sanders, Washington).

I definitely agree. The one thing that UM WR’s and TE’s do is block, not just at the line but downfield. Why it wouldn’t surprise me to see one of them taken with one of Detroit’s later picks. Granted there are other WR/TE that fit that as well, thus a “homer” pick for me.

1 Like

4 Likes

4 Likes

Thank you for resisting the trade down. We can do a lot more apples to apples comparisons this way.

1 Like

I rarely post my mocks but this one is probably my favorite non-trade-down draft I’ve done. I know some won’t like the 1st pick and that’s OK. I just think he’s one of the 3 elite talents in this draft who you take no matter what.

4 Likes

I want this one time stamped for later

Alt picks
2a) Ringo CB
2b) Kancey DT
3) Sewell LB
5) Pace LB
6) Thornton Edge
6b) Merriweather or Bowden S

• oluwatimi g/c if we get a mid round pick trade down*
1 Like

This is probably my favorite mock

2 Likes

@Davicus

I’ll shit my entire wardrobe on this one
Yes two trade downs
1 to Car for QB
2 trading up to round 1 just like last year

2 Likes

My favorite one so far – defense early, offense later. three rounds, slight trade down.

You’d probably be trading Okudah if this happenned.

3 Likes

Love Phillips and Forbes after Witherspoon, Gonzalez and Cam Smith. I’m not a Porter or Ringo guy.

2 Likes

I don’t know much about Sydney Brown yet. Or Mauch.

Gervon Dexter I’ve looked at a little bit vs Tenn and Kentucky. I thought he looked explosive vs Kentucky and then vs Tenn he seemed sluggish. It could have been he was up against some big dudes and they double him more.

Tyjae Spears is a lot of fun to watch. I don’t know the other wto.

Interesting draft with Bryce Young. Interesting in that Bryce Young could come in and possibly compete with Goff. He isn’t a stash type IMO. He will probably be ready to play.

A voice is faintly heard from the back of the room “Take Calhoun”.

I tried one without Bijan Robinson.

I hope this changes as draft season progresses, but I really don’t like where we sit at 6 and 18. 6 feels too early to grab one of these CB’s and I don’t see anyone else that fits us outside of Carter/Anderson.

At 18 I feel like the top CB’s, (Branch, Witherspoon, and Gonzalez) will be gone and the value may be at WR, OT and edge, all positions I feel pretty good at. Do we double dip on a CB like Cam Smith or Joey Porter? Do we take a RB if Bijan is there? Maybe we reach for a OG and take Torrence? Do we just bite the bullet and add another edge like I did with Van Ness?

My dream scenario is dropping back 3-6 spots at 6 and picking up extra capital and still walking away with Branch or Witherspoon. Then dropping back again at 18 another 5-10 spots and grabbing BPA (Joey Porter, Cam Smith, Torrence, RIchardson, Van Ness, etc).

Brad Holmes has shown a knack for finding talent later in the draft so I would love to add a few mid rounders (4th/5th).

Drop back to 9 with Carolina and get #6, #39, and #132.

Then drop back again with a team like Buffalo who could afford to move up if there is something specific they want to address. I’d take #27, #91, #129, and #162 for #18. Thats a late 3rd, 4th, and 5th. Could use all those picks to manuever through the draft and maybe even pick up 2024 picks.

Hopefully as we go through the process we have a few guys start standing out at positions we need to address.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I wanted to take Stetson Bennett with that last pick, who I think beats out Sudfeld rather easily, rather than that LB I’m just going to cut, but it looks like PFF doesn’t even have him in their simulator. Lame.

They’re just such good fits with us. Brown is an assassin in the vein of Branch, but even more athletic. Because of that he misses more tackles than Branch does cause he comes in like a heat-seeking missile. But he’s still a good tackler, Branch is just on another level as far as not missing tackles. And Brown might make more plays on the ball. Mauch is one of the few guys who can play guard for us then cover at tackle if something happens to Decker or Sewell. We’ll get to watch him at the Senior Bowl.

Actually I’m not Dexter’s biggest fan, but his ceiling’s undeniable (think Chris Jones). He’s an upside play because at 81, there’s not a lot of guys with his traits. And he flashes enough in college that you think you might be able to get more out of him. But he has a ways to go.

Yeah I have no idea how we’d make it work, but personally I’ll always draft the guys I believe will be elite and find a way to make it work.

2 Likes

Gervon is a load once he gets going. The problem is “when” he gets going.

1 Like