Post your 2023 Mocks Draft Simulator

What I think HSVLion will do

No matter what I do. This looks like formula for me.

6- DE or QB best value
18- Bijan stud like Jamo
48- DB or DT
55- DB or DT
81- DB/DT/LB or Tillman WR
5) LB or DB
6a) DB or OL
6b) OL or S or K

1 Like

Hey! I know that team! That’s pretty cool.

One thing the Havoc do that kind of pisses me off is they’ll always be wearing some off the way promotional jerseys at home so they can auction them off. One night they’ll be in yellow spongebob jerseys, then they’ll be in green star wars jerseys, etc. They just never wear their regular jerseys at home. On the road they do it, but not here.

So it’s nice to see them wearing something sort of close to their home jerseys and representing the city.

Trades are free on Fanspeak through tomorrow. I doubled up on CB. Then throw them in the mix and see what happens. The position as a whole needs strengthening, so if you end up with a 1B CB that is playing CB3-4 for us next year because Okudah steps up, then great problem. If not, I know they are young, but I did get that extra beanage and used it for filling starting roles.

3 Likes

My favorite so far. Just 2 rounds with trade downs to get 5 of the guys I’d really love to see in Detroit.

Going “BIG” = 6’2" CB, 6’4" S, 6’5" LB, 6’7" TE and 6’4 306 C (that would move to RG for us).

1 Like

Man if we somehow walk out of the 1st with both Gonzalez and Witherspoon, it’s stealing. I think it’ll take some maneuvering to pull it off but I definitely think it’s possible Witherspoon could fall to 18 after the testing, he might be a little smaller and slower than the very top guys. Good for us.

1 Like

If we lose Chark I want Demus to be a target. He fits theat profile best out of the later round guys.

Yeah and he could be a bargain. A guy who didn’t look as good coming off injury, I always like to take chances on those guys since it can often take a year or more until they’re back to themselves.

I really like Nacua and Wicks too. Those three guys are my favorite later targets.

If someone ends up with 2021 Wicks they’re getting a steal.

Agreed, and I think he flashed like that at the Senior Bowl, especially as the week went on. I think there are some pretty legit reasons for the fall-off of the Virginia offense.

CB is just the deepest I’ve seen in forever. This is very good for us, as it’s our weakest position group, but alas, just like the Okudah year, not very good for us at 6OA. Unless one of the EDGE guys left at 6, is deemed by the staff as an immediate upgrade to Harris or Romeo, then Trade Down is my preferred option.

I’ll do more research on the other DT’s but I think it’s Carter, then no one worth 6OA. TD and get another high 2nd round pick, and it gives you plenty of bites at the apple to take that extra CB1 potential outside guy. In my mock, I took Gonzo and Spoon. Both guys have the size and toughness to play that big nickel/ 3rd Safety role Harris plays too.

1 Like

Yeah Gonzo and Spoon are the only 2 guys I double-up with, I think they’re a tier above everyone else in the class. If we go a different route at 6 or 18, it’s better just to wait at that point given the depth of the class. Hell I think we could add some guys with our 5th round pick who could come in and contribute right away.

Buffalo Nickel Package!

I’m still hoping we somehow end up with a DT that can blow the pocket up, but I’ve been frustrated over that for a decade now. lol

Ask… and you shall receive…

@Nate - Can we pin this, or else we are going to end up with 300 mock draft sim threads as we go. My 0.2 thanks.

1 Like

Please, tiny, baby, Jesus…Let it be true.

I wouldn’t put it past Holmes. He has shown he isn’t afraid to double up position groups in the draft. Good thing he did too at DT.

1 Like

And edge last year too, yeah. I just wonder if Gonzalez and Witherspoon are different enough to use both 1st rounders on them. Hutchinson and Pascal (and Houston) were different types of edge rushers, and Levi and Alim were very different as well. If we see Gonzalez and Witherspoon both as outside corners we probably won’t go that route. But I think Witherspoon can play out of the slot pretty easily as well, which is why I like it.

4 Likes

Post up Gonzalez on the speedster WRs and Witherspoon on the route runner with Okudah and JJ for depth and a healthy S group. Where ya gonna throw?

Kool aid tastes as good in the off-season.

1 Like