Pro Days

Speaking of…

Paye is a athletic freak. Read somewhere, forget the writer or even where I read it, but they made an interesting observation. The writer thought Paye could move inside as a 3T DT and Excell. I think he’s on to something. Paye weighs I believe around 275-280. Could still become a terrific DE, but I am intrigued with the idea of him at the 3T. His explosion and speed inside could be something.

Interesting, he played at 275 last year but is now down to 260. I actually like that.

1 Like

I really liked Brady Christiansen as a mid-round tackle prospect, but looks like he’s gonna gest himself into a higher round:

2 Likes

Thank you sir I hadn’t seen that

1 Like

More Michigan numbers coming out.

Nico Collins runnibg a 4.42 at 6’4" 215 and 34" arms.

Ambry Thomas with a 4.37.

1 Like

Wow I thought Collins would be a mid 4.5, he’s faster than I thought.

Thanks for the info

I would trust your initial instinct. The pro day times have historically come in .1 to .15 faster.

1 Like

That’s a good point Wes, thanks for the reminder!

True but whenever people compare 40 times of prospects, they always bring up the fastest times. So if I’m comparing Collins to Pitts, all I have is pro day times.

I like him quite a bit as well.
I noticed him before I even read any draft projections… and was then surprised to see some “gurus” thought he was limited athletically. I was impressed by his agility and blocking on the 2nd level (and further downfield). IIRC… he occasionally got in trouble by reaching too far in pass pro… but wasn’t a frequent issue either.

1 Like

Dang… just saw the rest of his measurements.
Looks like OG is in his future… since his arms are the exact same length as the human T-Rex… Robert Gallery.

Christensen (6-5 1/4, 302 pounds) manned the left tackle position at BYU for three years and was a masterful pass protector for Wilson in 2020. He showed excellent athleticism on Friday with a sub-5.0-second 40-yard dash (4.89) and jumps of 34 inches (vertical) and 10 feet, 4 inches (broad). He repped 225 pounds 30 times in bench-press testing. Christensen’s arm length, however, measured shorter than NFL clubs prefer for the tackle position at 32 1/4 inches.

Miami pro day today has already started. It’s a big one.

North Carolina’s going as well:

Jaelan Phillips moving:

Can he go top ten? Top twelve? Has the talent and pedigree for sure.

I’d be really worried about that concussion history. I mean the man had to retire at one point because of them, and has also had pretty bad ankle injuries too (I think, I know it’s something). His medical test is gonna be the thing that affects his draft stock the most, and we don’t have access to it.

Remember that DE everyone laughed at and called the bust of the century because he was ranked higher than Chase Young?

Yeah, that kid is Jaelan Phillips. Maybe a 1st rounder in his own right.

I think there’s little doubt of that at this point.