QB Accuracy Charts

He would’ve cured cancer if not for coordinator churn!

1 Like

In short form, that’s true. Greater heat and less accuracy might easily account for the high drop percentage we’re used to with Stafford. With Goff that will get better. Accurate ball placement on short passes is often so critical to the success of the play and yac in general. With Goff that will get better.

No more crazy comebacks with Goff though, with indefensible lasers caught with bruised hands.

Goff has orchestrated a lot of comebacks in his career. His most famous is the NFC title game in 2018 against New Orleans. It was a crazy loud stadium and he stayed cool and made play after play to bring them back.

1 Like

Well if you haven’t figured that out yet, with evidence all around and easy to get, and you can do the same with all pro players, then there’s no help for you. You fail to understand the simplest concepts from surrounding talent, to game plan, to putting the players not only in the right systems, but in the right position to succeed.

I mean, damn, when you see Goff plummet without a run game. When you see the rest of the league say the same thing I am, and you still don’t get it, well sir that falls on you and your ability or lack thereof to evaluate what your seeing and how different situations positives or negatively impact a player.

It’s not about Stafford leaving. It’s don’t tell me Goff is as good or better than Stafford.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m pulling for Goff to succeed. I’m just tired of seeing Stafford put down in order to make Goff look better.

Well hopefully not, Caldwell nor Patricia are here so hopefully the conservative clock eating, protect the D, and hope Stafford wins it in the end approach is done.

Actually, I’m one of the most polite posters on this board. I’m only an ass to people that were an ass to me or someone else first. I have no intentions of being polite to the dicks on this board moving forward. I will continue to be polite and respectful to everyone else.

What goes around comes around big fella.

I do make a lot of Stafford posts because i can’t stand the fanboy mentality. 5th best qb in the nfl? Please.

I can adjust though. Stafford is gone now so you’re right - i can focus on more important things thing forward.

All I know is before Stafford was trade almost every poster here talk about Mcvay and how brilliant he was.
And he thinks Stafford is better , how much better ? 2 1st rd pics and a third plus Golf himself better. Witch is say alot.
All of the stafford haters were saying no one would even give a 1st for Stafford one even said a 5th Lol. Now they say Mcvay is the problem Lol.

2 Likes

So, early on in Matt’s career, I remember conversations (threads and articles) explaining our draft picks and RB’s. And it was pretty common for the belief or explanation to be, “well Matt was our best player and we want to do everything in our power to help Matt and our passing game”.

It really seemed to be a common belief that, it would kind-of be a waste to have a QB like Matt and pay him to hand the ball-off 40 times a game and only throw it 20 times (or whatever). And that the league is now a passing league and running the ball was kind-of a thing of the past.

Remember, back in 2007, there were 4 very “generational” talents: one at WR, one at Left Tackle, one at Safety, and one at RB (that was quite the draft). The Lions chose to draft the WR, Calvin Johnson. Do you guys wish we would have drafted Adrian Peterson instead? Did you want to watch Matt hand the ball-off to AP all the time instead of trying to build our passing game?
The Vikings had the best RB on the planet, where did that get them? The Vikings with AP made it to the Wildcard and were 0-3 and made it to the Conference Championship and lost in 2009. So, unless I’m wrong, one playoff win with AP?!?!?!

Honestly, I don’t really remember any argument that Matt needed a bell-cow running game to succeed before the last couple of years. It always seemed to be, “how do we fix Matt?”, “how do we score more?”, to “how do we make Matt more of a game manager?” and “who can we bring in to fix Matt?”…it went from we need to pass to win to we need to take the ball out of Matt’s hands more to win, we need to pass less so Matt wouldn’t throw so many interceptions and turn the ball over??!

The reasoning for bringing-in Lombardi was to cut down on Matt’s mistakes and be more like Brees. The reason we liked JBC was because he did help Matt cut down on his mistakes…and then later everyone turned-on JBC, he wasn’t good because despite cutting Matt’s mistakes downs (which was the belief that was holding us back) to the offense wasn’t scoring enough…or whatever.

Anyways, my point is, I feel the Lions tried to “fix” Stafford many times over the years by bringing-in multiple coaches, OC’s, and even HC’s (Caldwell was supposed to be a QB whisperer)…and all of them having limited success (ultimately none of them really able to “fix” Stafford) and the Lions still sucking. Now, despite the league being a passing league, that it’s the running games fault that Stafford didn’t succeed!!! You can’t win without a 100 yard a game rusher?!? etc.

I feel like people forget how many coaches and how many times the Lions tried to fix Stafford…and none of them really could.

I tend to become short when I’m dealing with ignorance and stupidity. I’ll try to do better.

Says the ignorant dipshit that ranked Stafford at 14 . . . I got Sean McVay agreeing with my ranking, you??

Barack Obama Reaction GIF

1 Like

It is pretty funny they been wrong about everything , not one nfl person has agreed with anything they have said , they were way off his value, no good team would want him yet one of the hottest coachs and best teams not only wanted him they gave the QB they now saying is better plus 2 1st rd pics and a 3rd. And there laughing pounding there chest like they said something right. Gotta love some fans Lol

2 Likes

Let’s try to keep it respectful, guys. It would be a shame to see this thread locked because 2 people can’t agree. I know, oh-my-goodness, 2 people don’t agree on Stafford, who would have ever thunk it?!?! LOL

1 Like

Also, I love when posters do a “drop the mic” gif …especially when they are wrong. It just kind of affirms how “off” their take is…and how brilliant they think they are…and how “off” they are again.

Stick to what you’re good at, the cap and financials side of football.

I agree, 5th best QB in the league is pretty laughable.

Here’s from an article on NFL.com last week.

Who had the best 2020 season, playoffs included?

Past performances and future projections were NOT taken into account. Rather, this list is meant to reflect where each QB stood in the 2020 campaign alone.

Rank

Matthew Stafford

Matthew Stafford

Detroit Lions · Year 12

1 Like

The mic drop wasn’t because of my opinion, it was because of people like Sean McVay and others that are paid millions for their football knowledge . . . but you know more than they do.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Sean McVay:

1 Like

How is he wrong Lol, does McVay agree with your take ? Or are you really suggesting you 2 are smarter then McVay ? are you really ignoring the fact that we got Goff and 2 first rd pics from one of the brightest young offensive minds in the game. The way you guys talk you have never watched a game, the only thing you can do is drag up some stat still desperately trying to be right about Stafford. Sad

Dude you really are silly, lols you really believe your brilliant. Lols

I forgot how ignorant you were.

So, I’m “ignorant” for listing where QB’s ranked last year?
Cool.