Rams cut Bobby Wagner

I think this move is a lot more realistic than it was last year.

2 Likes

Highest rated LB in the history of PFF grades…no brainer

3 Likes

I’d love to add Wagner but I’ll bet anything that he signs with a true contender, I don’t think the Lions are even on his radar if I had to guess. I just don’t think the Lions are a destination for top vets quite yet.
If I had to take a stab at it, I’d guess Cincinnati.

2 Likes

Hungry Hot Sauce GIF by ClickUp

1 Like

He makes the defense better. No long term contract and no draft pick… He don’t count against our comp picks. Sign me up for this.

5 Likes

Sign me up if it’s a 1 year deal. Will he be affordable though?

Yes, sign him asap

We probably shouldn’t sign Wagner….

he would delay the development of Barnes…
am-I-right…. @Cap ???

J/K…. sign him ASAP!

2 Likes

Brockers can talk to him but Holmes can’t or other Lion staff players can. He is a UFA on the March date. He will hear I am sure from teams Unofficial from players.

Yeah he would be good for this team just the type of LB we need. Plus his leadership. I’m all in.

3 Likes

The longest I’d sign him for is 2 years.

2 Likes

This is the type of signing I woukd love to see happen.

I agree I think most feel it would be about that.

He is still playing high standard an would be solid leader.

One year deal seems likely. According to the news Wagners are mercenaries.

3 Likes

I held myself back the first two years when it came to free agency, because I knew that Holmes had to reset the roster and clean up the Quintricia Cluster F. I understood that Holmes was a draft guy and I figured (like most here) that the team was going young and will build the foundation through the draft and select players on the roster that fit the culture they were looking to build.

Well it’s year three and the build is going well through the draft and players we decided to keep or add in other ways. It’s big splash time for me. The pin is pulled and I’m all in on big FA signing or two. They don’t have to go stupid crazy or anything…but I definitely want to eat some red meat off the bone this FA season.

Bobby Wagner would be such a major grab for Holmes and our Lions. It would be a great signal to UFA’s that Detroit is for real and a great place to come for a chance at a championship.

2 Likes

Snoop Dogg Lol GIF

6 Likes

Booting Bobby Wagner seems like an outlier. The Rams don’t ship out players right after signing contract extensions.

Whats Up Yo GIF by Banana Republic

2 Likes

YES, we got it.

1 Like

I think Wagner would help transform this Defense. If I were Detroit I’d definitely try to sign him.

3 Likes

“The Rams paid him 10m for one year. I’m cool with that. He’d be an impactful addition and not effect compensatory beanstalk agriculture efforts.”

Where Beans come from…

green beans art GIF by Evan Hilton