Rams--->Lions pick

Who were the biggest Malik Willis proponents before the draft?

1 Like

Maybe the Bears shock the world and take a QB. This staff and GM didn’t draft him and they are leaving him out there to take shot after shot. I guess they want to see him throw the ball. He is proving he can’t

2 Likes

Would not surprise me at all. Why else are you leaving him out there down 28 yesterday taking more hits in a meaningless game for the Bears if they truly believe he’s the future!?

2 Likes

I think a team leaves him in BECAUSE he’s the future and they want to get him more game action. They also want him to have the respect of the locker room, who also have to play the meaningless games. In 2012 we finished 4-12. While on an 8 game losing streak we had Stafford dropping back to pass 50 times per game, including the shitshow finale against the Bears.

I am having a hard time coming up with teams who have benched their young starting QB for the last 3-4 games just because they had a bad record. At 5-10 the Packers still suited up Aaron Rodgers in his first year as a starter. They had lost 7 out of their last 8 games and were about to face the 0-15 Lions in a meaningless game. He started and threw the ball over 30 times. That is how I am used to seeing teams handle the situation.

All good points, but Fields is also clearly hurt. That’s where it’s different to me. They were working on him on the sidelines in between every drive. And thankfully he did get hurt, or he might have rushed for 400 yards, haha

3 Likes

Fun reading. Sporting News was pimping Willis big time. Natty, NY, checkmate were the biggest Willis fluffers but nothing too over the top

1 Like

Right now that’s the reality of Fields. Hurt, he’s a bad quarterback. He has to run to be effective and running gets him hurt. I’m not sure he will be able to develop quickly enough to overcome this.

3 Likes

I’d love to have a guy like Fields as my back up QB. Let him run some wild cat stuff.

1 Like

My feeling is that the Lions are playing with house money. If Seattle loses, the Lions play Sunday night for a playoff spot. Seattle wins and we get a top six pick, which is almost always means that a real playmaker is available.

Of course, we could bust if Seattle loses and the Lions lose. Still, their fate is really in there own hands which is what we all want anyways. Go Lions! FTP!

2 Likes

They had to surgically repair Rodgers shoulder after that first season and playing in those meaningless games. He fought thru it and they kept throwing him out there. Here is a snippet leading into that final meaningless game at 5-10, talking about the need for surgery once the season ends.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2008/12/26/rodgers-might-need-shoulder-surgery/amp/

Trading down is very, very easy……

Trading down for what you WANT is not…

I would bet a pretty penny that if the Bucs are one and done… Brady is gone-

Let’s say Bucs pick around #20…… I would wait til the first 3-4 picks unfold…. Unless I was in love with a guy- IN LOVE- I’d take #20, Vita Vea, and 2023 second rounder for sure.

A veteran, animal run stuffer and energy leader to anchor the DL…. 17M a year for 4 years with minimal dead cap after next year….

Any team would. He cost 2 first round picks. Lol

Quick question…

Looking at the teams ahead of us for the Rams pick. Houston and Bears obviously will be picking ahead of us. We have Indy, Cardinals, and Denver that we can realistically move ahead of if they win.

In a tiebreaker, they look at weakest SOS. Assuming all those teams win (highly unlikely), we would pass Indy just based on record alone, we would pass the Cardinals on SOS. The Denver one is the one I don’t know about. They play the Chargers, who may/may not sit their starters. They have the edge on SOS by a big margin. I don’t believe we can pass them, even with a win from them. Is that correct?

I think so, yes. Someone did the math on another thread I think. Outside of some <1% miracle, 4 is as high as we can get

My favorite player Trade Down is in this draft. Hopefully we pick him.

2 Likes

Brad could trade down from both picks, wouldn’t that flip lids? Adding a couple more 2nd rd beans and bringing in a tour bus full of new guys?

2 Likes

Or just wait until they cut him.

correct. the highest we can pick is fourth. the bronco’s play the chargers who have a slightly better record than the seahawks, who are the rams opponent, but the SOS disparity won’t change enough to reverse this.

Ideally, the rooting guide is

Lions Win
Rams Win- PLAYOFFS BABY
Vegas beats KC- yeah probably not happening
Carolina beats Nawlins- Very possible
Atlanta beats Tampa- Keeping TB12 upright for the playoffs could mean the Kyle Trask show part of the game
RamBean stays at 6 with all three wins, good chance at dropping only to 7.

LionBean is anywhere from 19-32!

2 Likes

We have the best odds of landing the #5 pick. Because Seattle will be favored over the Rams, and Indianaplois will be favored over the Texans (though I’m not sure why!). Next is the sixth pick (Rams lose, Colts lose…OR Rams win and Falcons Raiders and Panthers win).
Here is the complete breakdown:
Pick 5: 53%
Pick 6: 19%
Pick 8: 12%
Pick 9: 8%
Pick 7: 6%
Pick 4: 2%

2 Likes