Rams lose again

So far the trade (and associated Williams trade) works out as:

Lions give: Stafford + 2022 pick 34 + 2022 pick 66

Lions get: Goff + Melifonwu + Williams + Paschal + Rams 2023 1st rounder

It’s too early to call it a win for us. Goff has been serviceable but a clear and expected downgrade on Stafford, Melifonwu looks like a bust, and the rest of our return is still up in the air. Paschal looks pretty good but has missed as many games as he’s played, and Williams is obviously super exciting on paper but hasn’t put anything on tape in the NFL yet.

Stafford, an early 2nd and an early 3rd needs to yield three good to great starters to make it a win for us, and we aren’t there yet.

2 Likes
  1. Hope Matt’s okay
  2. Hope the rest him
    Bean town, baby!

YES

Take pictures…

2 Likes

They could tank to make their 2nd a 1st. #33 is now #32 since Miami lost their 1st.

1 Like

IIRC, the NFL prohibits trading picks that are more that 2 years in the future.

1 Like

Lvr won

1 Like

Very unsettling to hear Staff in concussion protocol again. I hope for the sake of his family he is safe. At this point looking at the rams outlook and O-line there is no reason for him to play. I hope they or Kelly shut him down. I want to see him retire a happy, healthy Detroit Lion.

4 Likes

Explosive diarrhea will ensue

2 Likes

I can’t believe they played him, he got hurt last week, Kupp’s out and the OL is awful… why destroy him now when you could get more healthy years out of him?

2 Likes

So let me catch up here… Stafford was in concussion protocol last week, his entire starting O-line is out injured and so is Kupp, yet they would be able to protect him this week.

GMAFB…not surprised at all, in fact many of us predicted just this

1 Like

Exactly.

2 Likes

season 8 angry audience GIF

7 Likes

McVay is a genius because he won a SB with a ridiculously loaded roster….

Now they have Stafford, Kupp, Donald, and Ramsey all on break the salary cap contracts. Age is not on their sides.

Dead cap galore next 2 years.

I’m sorry but I don’t see 35 or 36 year old Matt winning much with 33 year old Donald, 30 plus Kupp and Ramsey…

This was their best shot at staying relevant.

6 Likes

day pretzel GIF

3 Likes
1 Like

that dweam within a dweam.

3 Likes

ego

We need to trade them Goff for Stafford and 2 firsts.
Then…
Trade one of the firsts to the Vikings for 2 firsts

2 Likes

Louis Litt Genius GIF by Suits