Sam LaPorta - You're Welcome Lions Nation

1VWJd5

1 Like

Keep it coming! Simpsons are always welcome. How about some Family Guy? A clip from Euro/US The Office?

GIFs are abundant and cheap. Mindless! Send More! Send a million mindless GIFs that make you happy and free. Just copy and paste!

Send a guy pissing into the wind. Thatā€™s always original and on point.

Maybe at some point we can get back to football analysis and the Lions season. But I suspect thatā€™s well down the road.

GIF posters self proclaim their own defeat.

No thoughts of their own.

Anyone attacking me is only conceding to me. Helpless and Souless. If you want me to stop stealing your soul just try talking football.

Iā€™ll respect you when you respect me.

For those who want to actually think, and actually choose to contribute:

How about this:

• Is LaPorta better than previous Lions tight ends?
  • Was he worth a premium pick?
  • How about the other rookie tight ends around the league who are garnering adulation?

Who here is ready to dig a little deeper into real football talk? I welcome such a man.

I do not hate drafting TEā€™s. I just hate drafting them in round one. Perfectly fine getting Sam where we got him. Hopefully him and Goff get off to an early start.

2 Likes

A logical, and nearly unimpeachable opinion based on history.

Iā€™m eager to see some one come at me with some real football logic about investing high (rounds 1/2) on tight end. Maybe thereā€™s a tough argument there, one I canā€™t best, but would still like to hear. What I despise and will CRUSH is personal attacks, especially when I sprayed the top of this thread with self-deprecating humor.

Iā€™m against round one not round twoā€¦ so I will speak on that mainly.

Theee names Ebron, Hock and Pettigrewā€¦. Just by drafting them we made them one the higher paid TEā€™s in the NFL at their time.

Many of the best TEā€™s do not come in round one. From a cap management aspect itā€™s not wise to waste high draft picks on one. The Lions have done it 3 times now and it hasnā€™t worked out once.

For me thereā€™s one exception. If the Lions were a complete team. a true contender and TE was our biggest need then Iā€™d be ok locking down a 1st round TE.

Kelce was a 3rd rounder. Some of the best TEā€™s in NFL history have come in the mid to late rounds. Guys like Graham, Sanders, Coats, Witten, some even really late in the draft like Sharpe, Gates and more.

FYI - Zach Ertz and Sam Laporta were drafted in the same spot. Iā€™d be ok if Sam had a career like Ertz.

1 Like

I honorably apologize that I didnā€™t see your post before my previous replies.

I see you have abused and misled the masses regarding my views.

I wonā€™t be able to post until tomorrow, but if you choose to wield the Emperorā€™s blade, Feyd-Rauthaā€¦I will indulge you in battle. Harkonnens deserve as much.

i-dont-believe-you

2 Likes

Itā€™s certainly no secret how I felt about taking a TE early.

Indulge me my lack of decryption skillsā€¦and fading memories of spring. How about a snapshot?

Vehemently against it and next year at draft time I will need a new drum because I beat this one into submission. It is now unusable.

5 Likes

So you canā€™t dance the LaPorta, and should switch to keyboard?

Sam will be 2nd in catches for the Lions. 8 TDs.

Pinup posters are now in mass production.

I didnā€™t like these either. Once I brought my 13 year old son over on a trip. He downed a whole bowl and asked for more.

1 Like

And now those who canā€™t level up will post insights on global cuisine for a dozen posts. You go!

Concession of defeat for those who canā€™t simply talk to the subject.

Out of curiosity, what names were you under when you got kicked off this board the last few times?
I know weā€™ve seen this writing before.

2 Likes

The majority of this board wants nothing to do with a TE in the first round; that has been very well documented here, this year and previous years. 2nd round depends on team situation/player as @Air2theThrown stated.

2 Likes

You are a patient man :joy:

1 Like

Patient like this?
surgery-brain

1 Like