Same. Old. Lions

Sometimes I wonder if/when the Lions can check every box of futility physically possible…they got to be getting close…

The trucking defense gave up 20 points in the 4th qter again. That’s the real problem. One play shouldn’t make as big as a difference as the whole 4qter. This lost is all Matt Patricia and his defense. But we seen this 10 out of 14 games last year.

2 Likes

so I just seen where we had Collins ejected and we lost two CB’s in the game as well?!

Did this impact the game??

Yes. Pass coverage got worse.

Absolutely. Even though Trufant wasn’t looking the greatest, I gotta believe Jamie Collins would have done something.

1 Like

True.

But don’t bail out Stafford and the offense.

In the 4th quarter they had a punt, a stalled drive that ended in a missed field goal, a bad interception into double-coverage, and the Swift gag in the end zone.

1 Like

Stafford is clutch. But Stafford being clutch gets us, at best, one-and-out in the playoffs.

2 Likes

Where is your card table and cup of coffee?

This is a huge deal and should be a focal point.

Patricia’s “guy”, team leader, vet with rings galore, The Guy That Pulls It All Together

Brain farts and spears a ref trying to show him what the refs misses.

What the actual hell? Has anyone EVER seen this. At any level at any time?

Nope. But in Game 1 after joining the Lions, tee that b/#$@ right up and let it fly.

Omfg…I hate this organization. Not team, but organization…

4 Likes

This was one of the most Lionseque things ever

6 Likes

Staff plays better in the 4th quarter we win. Defense plays better and we win. It took a total team effort. And yes Patricia is clearly a big part of the problem.

1 Like

Lost Collins, Trufant, Coleman, and Okudah. Can’t be surprised by the worse pass coverage…

Remember when some last year were spinning that we were always in games in the fourth quarter as a reason to RETAIN Patricia?

The missed 55 yard FG changed the momentum. Everything started collapsing afterwards. I felt they should have stayed with the hot hands, Hock and AP. Some of the play calls were pretty bad in the 4th. Injuries/injections also didn’t help.

Got to catch that easy ball Swift! I’m looking forward to see how they bounce back from this heartbreaking loss.

What are you talking about. This is exactly how we started last season. A total meltdown in the 4th quarter.

Well at least MP coaches teams are consistent.

Of all the finger pointing about who caused the loss, the “decision” to go for the FG there instead of trying to pin them deep is the easiest thing to control.

All Patricia had to do was say…punt it…and our chances of winning this game greatly improve.

1 Like

Prater is the best kicker in the league. He needs to salt the game away

I sediment want them kicking the field goal there. Zero regrets on that call.

Stafford made the winning throw and swift dropped it. The defense has been losing games in the 4th qter scense Patricia brought the no rush defense to Detroit. You trying to spread it around to take the heat off Patricia and his scam. Basically what your saying is if you are running Patricias scam everyone else must play perfect for 4 qters just to have a chance to win. If Any coach has ever been fired after 1 game it should be Matt Patricia. Worse coach I’ve ever seen and his defense is really part of the other teams offense.

That’s crap most any coach will go for the points with prater. A 55 yrder inside no brainier. Prater makes that kick 9 out 10 times. What causes all most all teams to loose is letting a team score 20 points in the 4qter.