Schefter: Packers going all in on Aaron Rodgers for next year

Reading the tea leaves? More than $6.5M gets permanently accelerated into 2022, if extensions aren’t reached by midnight. Either the Packers want Rodgers/Adams, but none of these guys . . . or the Packers are preparing to let Rodgers/Adams go and reset their salary cap. I’ve always believed it would be the latter.

1 Like

If this happens, do they still get trade value, or are they just gone?
Guessing they could still trade, but would be super-happy if they just lost 'em.

If they don’t cut Rodgers before the start of the league year, they can trade him . . . of course they have to get under the salary cap by the start of the league year also (currently $50M+ over). They can trade Da’Vante if they franchise him and get under the salary cap by the start of the league year (would have to cut another $20M somewhere).

If they don’t try to extend Rodgers and re-sign Adams long-term and kick the can down the road on several contracts . . . my guess is that they’ll probably trade Rodgers and let Adams walk (my guess).

1 Like

Hope teams recognize that the Packers are in a bind and don’t cave with too much compensation. There will be many suitors though. Will be interesting to see how this one plays out. Hoping the Packers massively screw this up.

The best path for him to get a title is to go to LA & be Stafford s back up

1 Like

Cracking Up Lol GIF

1 Like

Um, the tea leaves seem to confirm latter. No Green Bay contract transactions have been reported, to my knowledge, and now Rogers is doing his poetry-slam best to tell us he’s leaving, coincidentally on the day you highlighted.

That sounds more like a retirement message then anything, but who knows. Rodgers always danced to the beat of his own drum.

1 Like

No announcement today, maybe next Tuesday . . .

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.