Schefter: Rodgers turned down new contract

It still stings about Barry. I’ll never forget Chris Mortenson confirming right before the start of training camp.

1 Like

Yeah like assume many around here I was literally heart broken for days, maybe weeks. He’s the reason I became a Detroit fan from Connecticut in the 1st place. Coulda been the pats or giants but instead Barry lead me down this path. Idk what my life would look like if not for him and I experienced copious amounts of winning on sundays. Still my favorite player of all-time.

1 Like

Yes there were lots of reports about it. He wanted to go to SF and thought that a deal would get done just before the draft.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/aaron-rodgers-trade-rumors-broncos-49ers-11619786188

1 Like

If you recall the story of Rodgers being unhappy and wanting out “broke” right before the draft. But after a few days of Rodgers being one of the biggest stories around the draft, it was reported that he actually expressed the thoughts of wanting out months before the story came out publicly…so then it led to the question of why Schefter (or whomever reported it publicly first) decided to sit on the story for months but then unleash it at draft time.

I know people here don’t like Calvin but I think he did things the right way. He gave the organization a year heads up that it was coming and then he retired before the start of free agency. Quinn had every opportunity to go into that offseason knowing for sure he wouldn’t have Calvin and had to replace him.

1 Like

Good point. That makes it worse that Wood asked for his bonus back. Especially after seeing how the Calvin’s last went with him being a human piñata

1 Like

Sorry if you dealt with my back-and-forth editing just now. Originally was going to add the more recent Rogers retirement news to this thread, but this is already almost 100 posts long, the vast majority of it about other stuff. So I started a new thread specifically for the imminent Rodgers retirement talk:

1 Like

I haven’t spoken to one yet that wasn’t.

Including turds that Dan Campbell won’t have on the team?

1 Like

This is interesting to think about. I’d consider sociopaths pretty rotten while at the same time it’s no fault of their own

1 Like

Rotten behavior, for sure. Not rotten human.

2 Likes

The source was Rogers agent he leaked that info just prior to the draft. That’s why it came out when it did. Rogers wanted to go to SF and I assume his agent was trying to force the Packers hand.

The actual info was available weeks/months before the draft. And more importantly Rodgers feelings on the subject and the fact that he expressed it happened weeks/months before the draft.

Well, come this Wednesday…. It’s ends…. One way or another!! :crazy_face:

If you’re gonna go big, go REAL big, I guess. Holy cow.

1 Like

Holy cow, holy smokes is right!!! Geez… that’s a lotta bread

1 Like

I guess he thinks pretty highly of himself, huhm, who wudda thought?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t want a guy like that on my team. They should cut him to send a message.

3 Likes

Hey, it’s half of what LeBron made this year, and Rodgers won a title without fleeing a city or having the NBA stacking the rosters…

2 Likes

NBA is failing (now officially at a global level). Part of me is happy about it. Part of me misses the good ‘ol days. I dont’ have the energy to spend on it anymore though, so it’s probably for the best!

2 Likes

I don’t think so.

Rodgers doesn’t win the championships that Brady does because his defenses aren’t nearly as good lol. Literally no other reason.

1 Like