Schefter: Rodgers turned down new contract

All I know is I’m fucking done with these ads. Peace out. Love y’all

3 Likes

If that were true Packer fans would love his attitude. Most packer fans think he’s a spoiled brat who thinks he’s above the team and that he isn’t a team player.

Go read a few Packer message boards. I’d say it’s 4-1 that’s taking the teams side over Rogers.

1 Like

@RickOShea

Are you on an iPhone. I was having the same problem. It appears to be an IOS issue and there is a solution.

Yep, SIL is diehard packers fan and he is tired of Rodgers and the entire soap opera prima donna.

1 Like

Well I think a big difference between us in this situation is judging what constitutes a good human. Don’t you preach in your job that when victim narratives end there is only room for love or at least understanding? And on another level what type of personality (which I’m unclear about at this point) you think is necessary to lead a football team. Despite what people say Stafford was not an effective leader here, or we would have won more. Lacked gusto despite physical gifts. Maybe if he went at the front office more aggressive earlier we wouldn’t have had such poor talent. Results speak for themselves.

I think we all know Rodgers would have held onto leads at a much higher rate than stafford (see TD:INT), been sacked and pressured less because he can move the pocket, and would’ve made his teammates better than Stafford did. He turns broken down plays with no opportunities into positives better than any other QB over the last decade. And if he leaves GB whatever team gets him will be doing somersaults.

Also when someone stops loving you back isn’t it easy to flip the switch and do the same? How many pack fans were happy with the Jordan Love pick at the time?

1 Like

All humans are good humans.
The difference between an amazing person, and someone that doesn’t show up that way, is the amazing person knows they’re amazing… they have sensitivity to it and are in touch with it… They don’t make everything all about themselves.

Granted, I can be lazy with language in my being a football fan.

One of my brothers is one of my best friends, while the other one I love from a much greater distance. People influence our energy. It doesn’t mean “He doesn’t love me, so I don’t love him back.” It means, to spend time with him, I’d be putting an acorn in the desert and expecting it to turn into an oak. It’s misaligned with what I’m creating in my life. Constant incessant complaining, road rage, doesn’t like his wife, his job, his kids…at what point do you recognize the common variable for all the drama is YOU?

THIS is why I don’t root for A-Rodg. Even the energy he carries himself on the field. He has an unappreciative heir about him. An entitlement prima Dona attitude. I’d much rather root for Stafford.

In a previous thread, we established that Michael Jordan was a dickhead. Basketball is a good example of this, because there are only 5 dudes on the court, and one man can have a bigger impact. With physical gifts, body awareness, spacial awareness, understanding of angles, superior timing, ability to feel pressure, etc, an athlete can succeed, and therefore assist others in being more successful.

All Im’ saying is I’d rather root for a human that is more conscious about the fact that other people exist in the world, and doesn’t make it all about himself.

Rodgers was very successful in pretending he got face masked, and the refs were extremely happy to throw the fake penalty to give him a shot at “the Hail Mary that never should have been.” That helped his team - sure. When Matt gets up from being sacked, he tells the refs if he actually was face masked. If he wasn’t, he jogs back to the huddle.

I prefer a more in tune, more energetically clean person.

2 Likes

I think this is why he hasn’t won more Championships. He doesn’t work with the team and his teammates to improve his situation like Brady does. Who wants to follow someone who whines, bitches and complains all the time?

You hear Mike Murphy talk about how complicated and difficult Rogers can be. This has to trickle down into the locker room.

3 Likes

Yup - Difference between “Ahhh, that’s just A-rodg…it’s what he does…if you play in GB, you learn to deal with it.”
Brady type - Coach on the field, helps each of us get better at what we do, cares more than anyone, knows how to utilize and get most out of talent around him, etc.
Rodgers is more likely to go home and brag about how good he is to anyone that will listen.

Ya, I think he wants da owner to fire himself and appoint him, Aaron, as owner so he can fire the GM and appoint himself as GM, player/coach. (and head referee)
Den watch dem Super Bowls roll in eh?

Sounds like the front office has been successful in their marketing campaign.

Fu!# packer fans. Let them go a few years with sub par QB play and they will be screaming why didn’t we keep AROD!!!

1 Like

He tired of it long ago.

I wish I had the luxury of getting tired of one of the greatest QB’s to ever play the game, but such is life as a Lion’s fan. Sound’s like he deserves the Jordan Love ERA.

1 Like

I understand where you’re coming from and agree on many points. I guess it comes down to perceiving Rodgers energy much differently than you do and a lot of people on this board. I like his authenticity. He’s earned his spot at the top of the food chain. I never noticed him sucking up oxygen from his teammates getting credit. It’s natural to get frustrated when he is playing at an all time great level and those around him aren’t on par. I don’t think he’s anymore of a diva than any of the top qb’s in past decade. Brady, Wilson, Big Ben, Manning bros, Brees. At some point recognizing the situation they’re in considering the big picture of their life, how people act towards them off the field or what they’re wanted for matters. And if stirring the pot, drama, leads to valuable discussion or change it shouldn’t be dismissed. In many instances that’s how progress is made and ambition realized.

Personally, I didn’t notice much if any over the top drama from Rodgers prior to Love being drafted, where a negative reaction was completely justified. Maybe I’m out of touch and have missed details. I thought he was certainly more intense than Stafford and it seems that’s what someone would want. Has lead to amazing results. Stafford is nowhere near as good as A-Rod, do we actually think he wouldn’t have asked out sooner if we spent 1st round draft capital similarly? Despite what is said what about Staffords body language over time? He sure hasn’t been perfect. We’re looking at it with revisionist history in comparison bc we got a great return for him.

I was talking with some very casual fans about this today and they’re all like “gotta be something seriously wrong with internal operations in Green Bay” to alienate him like this now. There are definitely 2 ways of looking at this and our board or a “4:1” ratio on a packers board isn’t representative of the population. We see the packers management know they made a mistake in hindsight. Poor analysis and business decision They told him he is expendable with no loyalty for past contributions. He says ok, goes out has another MVP season. Script is flipped. What’s unfair?

What’s wrong with wanting a change of scenery, we don’t know how this carries over into other parts of his life. Just because football players are paid well and the team wins doesn’t make them slaves. Plenty of people change jobs because of location and simply a desire for change in life, to have different experiences. Seeking a new environment that better aligns with their desires? What’s wrong with being unsure about what will happen in the future. We hear that from football players and coaches every year. It’s a business and as soon as you lose value teams generally make ruthless choices. That’s standard practice. Packers did that by drafting Love. Why does A-Rod not deserve same recognition of his perspective, feeling like he earned security, wanted it and was dismissed. The only reason this has been blown up is because he is so successful, has a monstrous impact on games and has received alot of publicity from the media over time because of it. Plenty of players ask out each year which he hasn’t even done yet. Why is he viewed differently? I think it’s predisposed bias

Guarantee there’s a lot of that.
To me- its not what you do, it’s how you do it.
It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it.
A-Rodg could literally say the same thing as Brady, and it is delivered with completely different energy. While both are men, with man plumbing, Brady is muuuuch more of a dude than Rodgers is…same with Stafford. Rodgers energy is whiny and entitled. It’s not that you get upset it’s how you show up when you are upset.

As for this situation, I think Packer front offices are out of line as well. I’ve never said anything that opposes that. All I’ve done is talk about how I am not a Rodgers fan, and described why not.

As for this situation, the truth is usually in the middle. Rodgers is probably more in the right than the packer front offices, based on my limited knowledge of the situation.

…And with that said, I am no Rodgers fan. Prima Dona. Always has been, and doesn’t appear to be making steps to cut back on his dramatic “blame everything else” way of being.

What owner?

Valid argument could be made here that people’s analysis of Rodgers is whiny and entitled the way the debate is going. I think you are misreading these guys plain and simple. Furthermore there’s more than 1 way to be. In comparison to Rodgers I consider stafford passive in a negative way to lead a football team. Still got plenty of love for you bro, agree to disagree here

1 Like

All of them of course.

He’s buying a lot of those paper stocks.

Im wrong all the time. I use GPS to get to the grocery store, man. People do pay me really well to read energy though. I have had zero exposure to him in person, as well. I’m reading body language, facial expression, and energy, more than what he says. I know this for sure - if you get to know someone, you learn and understand them, you will love them…Period.

My take is just that I can’t work with everyone, so I see people that boost the love/consciousness of the planet…and those who do the opposite.

Plenty of love for you too, Holmes! Shake’n’Bake!

1 Like