Second-round selections of Levi Onwuzurike and Josh Paschal not paying off

I hope you’re still enjoying the season !

I get the handwringing during every regime under the prior ownership
But Sheila seems sincere in making moves to be a relevant winner in the league. Imo it starts at the top so I can’t control everything but I’m feeling good that lions are in position to be a team fighting with a legit chance in coming seasons.

2 Likes

Well, I disagree.

You can’t act like getting a 3rd in return is so easy. Maybe a team gives him a big contract, but they didn’t seem so willing to risk doing so during the trade deadline. And even if one does, that means you can’t make any signings yourself to cancel it out. Teams heavy with talent like the 49ers can get away with that, but we’re not. Would you be OK sitting on your hands in the offseason? Judging by your desire to add Young, I think not.

And for what’s it worth I think we were heavily involved in the Sweat talks. So I think accusing Brad of sitting on his hands is just something we can’t know. He was also rumored to be in for Deebo and Ramsey. If they’re a fit, he’ll go after him. If Crosby was available - and he wasn’t at all, they weren’t even picking up the phone - I think he would have been involved in those talks too.

But if they aren’t fits, he won’t go after them. Get used to it.

A lot of teams passed on Carter, but you don’t hear Houston fans lamenting that they passed on him, or Seattle fans, or Falcons fans (except Georgia stans), or even Bears fans. It’s exacerbated for us because of our DL issues.

What’s funny too is the lions record might be worse with Carter when you consider the loses and what happened during a couple wins.

Carter wasn’t winning ravens game. Seattle a toss up
We needed Gibbs when we didn’t have Monty.

I don’t think Carter would’ve stopped San Diego but lions pulled out a win.
Bears game ?

This is all true. The thing I like about Brad and Dan is that they will take an honest look at it and are aware too. These cats aren’t afraid to move on from a mistake. This will be resolved in short order.

Sure, we can look at certain picks and critique, but in critiquing the macro - the team…Awesome work, Boyz …& much, much more to come!

1 Like

Agree with that 100% Hooker might be the lone exception.

…unless identifying cancer causing foods & avoiding them is more important than the immune system…sure, they go hand in hand, but it is better to have to fight less cancer.

1 Like

When the Niners or Eagles win the Super bowl this year we can all look at our plate of broccoli rejoice

aint nobody got time for that GIF

At least cover it with cheese

1 Like

I’m enjoying the season. I just think it was a mistake to not fortify our biggest weakness for a playoff run. IMO it was punting to next year and there’s no guarantee we are in a position to be in the playoffs again. I mean we all think so. But we all thought so in 1991 too

This will be the first division win in over 30 years. We have a top five offense. A veteran QB. A third round pick would have been a really cheap way to maximize the opportunity and shore up a defense that, unless something changes, is going to allow whomever we play in the first round put up 500 yards and 30 points

What if we offered a 3rd? What if Washington gave Young a choice like we did with Okudah, Stafford and Swift, and he chose to reunite with Bosa in SF? There’s just so much we don’t know.

Chase Young said he found out on social media he got traded to the Niners

2 Likes

Fair enough. But it’s an example of how much we don’t know unless the players or FO tell us, which rarely happens. I still think we were in for Sweat and he would have been great for us, but I can’t know that.

1 Like

Before the trade Young had a 25% Pass rush win rate this year.

Before they acquired him the Niners’ sack rate of 5.3% and pressure rate of 26.3% ranked 27th and 24th in the NFL, respectively.

Since the trade they jumped to a 61% pressure rate and 15% sack rate. Best on the league over that time

True yet I think in football where one guy may not actually make the difference it’s still anyone’s game.

I’m
Not sure either would be the difference for lions beating eagles or niners
Without other players playing their best games.
Yet if they get these guys playing their best games … they could still be a team nobody wants to face.

We’ve seen these players “perform” better. We’ve seen eagles still squeezing out wins

( check out @thefealsymba freestyle on this week nfl rap up )

As long as you’re enjoying it !!!

We all predicted he would thrive in SF. They’re line was so much better than ours already.

well, we have Hutchinson who is top 5-10 in pressures but can’t get past all the resources teams are able to put on him. We have a lime who is rated the top 10 three tech and then we have nobody.

We saw how much juice Houston added to the team when we went on our win streak at the end of the year. And the improved defense was the main reason for the wind streak.

we just need one more dominant defensive end. and this defense will transform in my opinion. Before Young SF ranked 27th and 24th in sacks and pressures

Lions currently rank 26th in sacks and I assume bottom ten in pressures

Love your posts man. One of my favorite posters on here. 100 percent.

2 Likes

Again, well said

1 Like

Will you marry me?

bbc three get a room GIF by BBC