Second-round selections of Levi Onwuzurike and Josh Paschal not paying off

That sugar tasted good for the short term… That one victory… But what is it a healthy lifestyle?

Thanks brother! :beers:

1 Like

I’ll take a plate of ho ho’s and a deep playoff run any day

2 Likes

Tv Show Love GIF by Laff

Id be happy with one ho.

2 Likes

I can respect that.
I can also respect the other philosophy and belief (of course I hold it)

1 Like

Since it has yet to play out in full

We can’t even be sure if it was in fact the wrong decision.

100%. I think we all know that though. Just prognosticating what we suspect.
I feel like I believe in Brad’n’Dan more than most, and that’s okay with me.

I truly think this thing is Cowher’s Steelers-type situation
I know most others don’t, and I get it.

2 Likes

Well, they were selected before the curse was lifted.

The film does not support what you are attempting to sell here. The 49ers could have stayed the course without a trade and still have those numbers. The 49ers had 6 sacks last week and Chase played less than half the snaps and had a 0-0-0 stat line.

1 Like

Maybe. But those are the numbers. And they weren’t getting anywhere near that production before, bottom ten in sacks and pressures.

Thats a quotation from CBS sports BTW

Why are 10-1 Eagles home underdogs to 49ers? Three reasons why Philadelphia finds itself in rare company >

In those three games Young has posted 1.5 sacks, three tackles, one tackle for loss and three quarterback hits. Bosa is raving about what he brings to the line

That just says you haven’t watched the film.

1 Like

Lions have a ton of expiring contracts this year…

projecting comp picks for this team might be a bit difficult depending on how many stay and who leaves for deals that qualify for the comp pick formula….

I don’t think anyone here watched 49ers ‘film’. I’ve watched some highlights. And I’m quoting articles and posting stats. I guess we will see come playoff time

For sure. But I’m guessing he will get a top dollar contract if he continues how he has been playing all year. That would weigh heavily on the overall formula

San Fran has next to nothing for expiring contracts…
so unless Kinlaw or Darnold break the bank…

they only have to sign 1 decent UFA to offset Chase….

and they get nothing.

There’s a lot of justifying here to excuse the Lions not getting an elite pass rusher for cheap.

When it’s the teams biggest need. On a year we are going to win the divison

We are giving QBs three seconds a drop back. Counting on Houston with a broken foot? A million year old Irvin?

I love the year we are having but I’m not looking forward to seeing Hurts Stafford Dak or Purdy drop 500 yards and 40 points on us at home in the playoffs

2 Likes

I’d like to have Chase Young….

but the theory that he brings a 3rd round comp pick back when they don’t re-sign him is not all that likely.

2 Likes

maybe maybe not. But he would be a significant part of the formula. Depends on whether the Lions would want to resign him or who else they might want

But here’s the deal. I’d still give a third for a player like that who can help for this playoff push. If we can’t pressure the passers more we may as well not even play a playoff game

I watch the film. Highlights don’t tell the story of who a player is and articles are just running with clickable material. The film tells the story. Chase Young needs the 49ers a heck of alot more than the 49ers need Chase Young.