Should the lions draft a QB round 1?

Yes, you know it’s true
This offseason may feel like they’re starting over
But that may not be a bad thing considering the muck that has become this season
I’m not so sure Slay will be gone though. 50/50?

1 Like

The draft didn’t seem like it really delivered anything at all to the Lions.
Hockenson has been discussed in other threads. I still think it was an awful pick at #8, but the jury is still out.
Taval and Harris seem serviceable but nothing exceptional.
The rest of the draft was a waste.
Oruwariye and Johnson are depth.
Bryant, Fulgham, and Nauta have added nothing at all

No GM is going to hit on every draft pick, but I just don’t think you can build a franchise with simply drafting guys that are serviceable in the 1st and 2nd round. It would just be nice to get a guy like Luke Kuechly or someone like that in the top 10 for once.

1 Like

You should draft him no matter the current situation. That’s a big disparity between available and next best. Give me THE best and I’ll figure what to do with the glut of starters later.

1 does not equal multiple. :slight_smile: the Vikings did not play on Wild Card Weekend. In the divisional round they played the Saints who had won on Wild Card Weekend against the Panthers. And let’s not forget it took the so-called Minneapolis miracle to win that one game. His only other play off start was a 38 to 7 drubbing by the Philadelphia Eagles.

Anger and frustration amongst their fan base? :slight_smile:

1 Like

We need 2 DE’s, too! You can’t count on Flowers.
And, most of the free agents not named Slay are dead weight. The problem will be finding FA’s willing to come here without bank busting price tags. A big part of the reason Suh said he chose Miami over Detroit was climate and taxes (Lord knows that’s not getting better any time soon).
Now, add a coach that is widely regarded by his players as an asshole.

1 Like

I was dissuaded by his game tape.

Your assessment of the talent on the team is not based in fact. Negativity is not an opinion it is just whining.

SF has gone from 4 wins to already 11 this year, that is how it happens all the time.

Rookie DLineman have a much bigger impact than rookie TE’s - Suh, Bosa, Allen, etc… the list is long.

Your assessment of our draft success is again warped. We have added a lot of talent - Decker, Robinson, Glasgow, Dahl, Ragnow, Kerryon, Walker, Hand, Golladay, Hockenson Harris and Tavai. Of those Golladay, Hand, Walker and Ragnow look to be top line starters with many others being solid additions. Only Ragnow was a 1st rounder. Davis and Tabor are busts, everyone has them but overall he has added some nice pieces for our foundation and has done a solid job overall.

Slay is going nowhere. There are many FA DB’s and that is not our problem. Every team has guys to re-sign or replace. If you look at things from that standard no team in the NFL is set on either side of the ball.

There is no QB with a 98 rating going to be there when the Lions pick. If there is one that is a 93, there will be several guys with a 95-97 level grade sitting on the board. Quinn has stated that he doesn’t go by BPA, but there are several DLineman that look like they fit the bill.

Rookie DE’s can have an impact but not really D-linemen in general, rookie DT’s don’t typically do much by rule. You listed one DT, who was the #2 overall pick from 9 years ago as your example for DT success?!?! LOL

Decker is talent?
Kerryon is added talent?..what has he done again?
What has Hock done?
Davis sucks!
Tabor was the worst pick in a long, long time.
Dahl is finally a decent player, took what, 4 years?
What has Harris done?
WTF has Tavai done?

It’s like you just listed players with no thought whatsoever into it.
You really need to put a little thought into your posts.

1 Like

We added Kerryon and he looked like a quality starter. Whether he will be able to stay healthy and perform is still a question.

Kennard, Flowers, Okwara, Daniels - he has added pass rushers, but we are not healthy enough to see the effects.

At LB he whiffed on Davis and chose not to sign a quality veteran. He believed that Davis would be able to handle the job, let’s just hope he stays away from Florida.

Again, you’re just listing players without any thought put into it whatsoever.
WTF has Daniels done but rip us off?
Kennard, he’s good for the first couple of games a year and then disappears for the rest of the season.
Okwara has .5 sack on the season.
Flowers has finally got into his groove…congrats.

Dude, you really need to think before you post.

1 Like

This is two years in a row he finished the season with a broken back. These injuries don’t happen in a vacuum. There’s going to be some arthritis and disk issues he will likely deal with for the rest of his life

While I agree it’s more likely than not that Stafford could play for multiple more years but think about it…he’s endured 11 years of NFL abuse on his body. He now has back issues that could very well be chronic.

Let’s say next year he feels good and looks good in camp then gets hurt again week two. Again back issues related to his broken bones this year and last. He sits out three weeks then comes back for a couple weeks but ultimately ends the season on IR

That’s a distinct possibility. At that point, given his health issues, mileage and salary the Lions must move on. If they aren’t planning for that possibility now they are fools

1 Like

The most disappointing thing about the Teez pick isn’t that we missed on a second round CB. That happens. Probably more often than not

But rather the fact that most teams took him off their draft board altogether after he ran a nine second 40. Teez would probably have been there in the 4th round but Quinn was on pins and needles ‘hoping’ he ‘fell to us’ in the second

I wonder if Tabors mom still wears her ‘check the film’ t shirt she had made for the draft

All of the guys I mentioned has done nice things in this league. Focusing on guys who are injured (Daniels, Okwara) and calling them horrible is nonsense. If you have some information that they should have known they were not going to be available, lets hear it. Kennard has shown rush ability when given the chance. You are merely whining.

If that is the standard every QB in the league is a play from retiring? Saying that you are always looking for the next players at every position. The Lions have done a horrible job at the backup QB position for a long time. Stafford is going nowhere and has stated he wants to play for a very long time. He is not a loudmouth looking for the next contract and choses his words well.

Daniels is older than Ziggy than played one more game than Ziggy did last year.

Its absurd to expect any player at that position coming off that injury to be totally healthy.

ESPECIALLY when he gets cut that late into camp.

Come on now.

If Darrel Bevell really likes Hurts I’d be fine with in round 2. Jordan Love really intrigues me as well.

I agree that unless Burrow were to somehow be available I do not want a QB in the first round.

So your go-to answer for when people correct you is “you’re merely whining”, got it.
You pay players to play, not sit on the bench.
Again, what have these guys done for us?..that should be the barometer for being a good signing or not…not that they’ve previously “done nice things.”

3 Likes