Speaking truth about the Negative Fans and Goff haters!

One thing to note for the OP (14:00) Bryce Young won’t be an Alabama QB next year. He reportedly wants to play for a ‘worse’ team to prove he’s not a system QB in Bama

I feel sorry for them. They never see the real picture. They’re stuck in a time warp and negativity.

WCF sure was. That’s the thing…he’s not here anymore.
New car.
New Motor.
Not the same humans.

Y E S! So ture.

Yes to all of this.

You’re assuming WCF was human…

I mean Im sure he was before he was turned, so technically correct…

LOL - Yup. This is probably why Fox came to us, to eradicate the dark magic energy left behind by WCF’s reign of flooded, flooded, black moldy basement.

Fox comes in and clears the energy…in rolls Dan Campbell and the boys.
Wielding light magic energy now.

Haha, well, I could go there…

1 Like

LOL. I’m willing to bet you’re under 60. I think @rw979802 is right, you have to be pretty old for the battle wounds to have an effect.

2 Likes

So I just listened to the video, well half of it anyway.

I really don’t think anyone on this board WANTS Goff to fail so that THEY can be right. I’ve heard alot of people say - I don’t think Goff’s the answer, but I hope I’m wrong. I’ve also heard people say - we’d be in a more difficult position if Goff is “just OK” rather than either being really good or really bad. That makes the decision to move on even harder, that’s why a “just OK” Goff is not great for the franchise.

Everyone here (from what i can see) wants the franchise to be good, rather than wanting Goff to fail.

Another falsehood is “no matter who came in after Stafford, he’d be criticized”. Really? What if we got an upgrade over Stafford? Sure, Staff asked for the trade, we rightly moved on, we’re dealing with Goff, who is no Matt. It is what it is, I see no reason to get angry at fans for this.

2 Likes

Oh, there’s absolutely a few here who want Goff to fail to be right. It’s the internet. There’s always a few of those around.

2 Likes

You have to find a black swan and show it to others to prove that not all swans are white. I haven’t seen one yet.

3 Likes

There will most definitely be the few that will be laying in wait for Goff to have a throw that’s off target, or throws an interception, or god forbid fumbles.

They’ll have completely unrealistic expectations, just like the Stafford haters did, and have the “I told you so” ready to go in the game day threads.

3 Likes
  1. Been watching since before I could pronounce the word football. If you think 44 years or so of hard core fandom don’t count as “enough time,” you might want to revisit your qualifying process. Just my opinion.

Different humans from top to bottom - Literally. The only part of “the engine” left is Rod Wood. Literally everyone from the owner to the trainers are gone, aside from them.

Do you hate modern day Germans (that weren’t born yet), because of what happened in WWII?
This is the exact same thing.

1 Like

Exactly!
I really do think he’s going to make it highly controversial

True, but that doesn’t change 1 playoff win since 57, or no nfcn champion since the north began.

We’ve seen numerous regime changes, they’ve gotten us all the way to the worst organization in history, in any sport.

Again, those of us die hards can see a difference, but the avg. fan probably not. Even if the diehard is sick of being fooled, and has to see it, I get it.

A younger fella has not seen 40-50 yrs of failure. They are still young and believe this will turn around. Older fellas have seen their life slip by and see the yrs left are dwindling… You see the same thing for 40,50,60 yrs having 10-20 yrs left, god willing. I get the pessimism, this organization has done nothing but fail for 65 yrs. Older folks saying prove that this front office is different, then they’ll buy in, have way more reason to feel that way than believe we finally have it right this time.

As to the Germans, its not the same. The German folks have gone 77 yrs without committing another genocide, they’ve proven to be better. They have become an ally, they are no longer a authoritarian dictatorship. They’ve earned and deserve to be seen for who they are, not who their ancestors were.

Our regime is coming off a 3 win season. To the avg. fan thats pretty status quo. You and I see what we believe to be significant change, but we’re not the avg fan.

1 Like

Really appreciated this post, man.
I think you are correct in everything you said, I just take it from a different angle.
WCF was terrible at hiring coaches.
This is the first coach Sheila has ever hired.

That’s my view incredibly microwaved. :wink:

1 Like

LOL, your the great bald lover of life! Your optimism is infectious. I hope you never change, we need more optimism, and pragmatism these days.

I love that you have the view you do, and I agree with you, I do believe this time is different. Hopefully we can get a group together and toast a SB championship in the next few yrs!

2 Likes

Haha! Thanks, man! Can’t believe we have MONTHS to go before this starts sorting itself out on the field. So excited for this season. Best time in my life to be a Lions fan.

3 Likes

Im with you, to have optimism in this team, this yr, is a great feeling. Im trying to patiently wait, but thoughts of Hutch crushing Rodgers and Jamo running by everyone. are already dancing in my head, lol

3 Likes

SO good. I want us to just pound Rodgers into the earth on his own field. I want our guys to be the reason he retires.

1 Like

It’s not like we havent had a certain group of optimistic posters on here before. It literally happens every year, and definitely with every new regime.

Do you know how many times we’ve heard “we’re finally doing it the right way”.

Ohhhhhhhh, but this time it really is different.

Nobody knows how this is going to turn out. 3 years from now we might all be talking about what a POS regime Holmes and Campbell was.

Quinn was relegated to God status his first couple years here too. He was “finally doing it the right way”.

Holmes and Campbell are no different than any of our other regimes at this point. They may succeed or they may fail.

We’ll find out soon enough.

3 Likes