Stafford’s Injury - This could be huge

This was the type of injury thing that many of us worried about last year for Matt.
I’m sure he’ll get it figured out but not great news if you’re a Rams fan.

Maybe they missed a couple of the rounds of Koolaid.

1 Like

The way he throws it could definitely effect his game it’s his throwing arm and that shit can be painful and hard to manage.

2 Likes

Wonder if this has to do with Kelly incorporating soft pretzel throwing into his offseason regimen.

3 Likes

He is dealing with a strained UCL. They better be careful with him or he is facing Tommy John surgery.

1 Like

The Rams have mentioned the broad term “tendonitis”…. but have not given any specifics. The UCL is a ligament… so there is nothing to indicate that his UCL is strained at this point.

My “guess” is that he has flexor tendon inflammation, which is common in pitchers… and can then result in a subsequent injury to the UCL.

Here is my post with more info from the original thread discussing Stafford’s injury…

2 Likes

Lions make you throw the remote too many times?

2 Likes

It’s Stafford. He will tough it out.

6 Likes

only if they throw in Stafford

1 Like

It’s probably caused from a tossing motion of some kind.

Oh I like that. Take one of those human-loving tendons from BigNattys elbow and repair him. Balls thrown so hard and with so much love that glitter contrails are shooting out the back and it makes a kissing noise as the receivers nestle it in.

3 Likes

Elbow injuries for a QB are like elbow injuries for pitchers in baseball. Not a good sign for the Rams. Stafford is tough as nails though, I could see a situation where he doesn’t practice during the week and only plays on Sundays.

5 Likes

Betting against Stafford playing is bad bet. He basically has pitcher’s elbow because he’s thrown the ball so much, and so hard, for so long. So, far the only things that have kept him off the field are coaches and being physically unable to lift his throwing arm.

He’s played through having his nonthrowing arm dislocated, rib cartilage ripped, broken back, busted fingers, probably concussions and every kind of soreness there is. I just hope the guy has a normal quality of life when he hangs up the cleats.

1 Like

Glasses Lol GIF by Robert E Blackmon

4 Likes

This thread sounds like wishful thinking.

This was from 10 minutes ago …

8 Likes

If it is truly a Tommy Johns type ligament issue, it’s not going to heal or get better the more he throws. He may be able to manage it with limited use via very limited practices, but, depending on the status/severity of it, at some point it could easily become a problem this season. That said, I wouldnt be shocked if he manages it and get’s through most of the season…he’s def to the point in his career and with the Rams, that he doesnt even need to practice much and force the issue. We’ll see, but accumulative usage and not letting the elbow rest/heal, can be dicey with this type of thing…even playing only a game a week.

1 Like

I’m not betting against him at all. But heart can’t always overcome the body breaking down.

1 Like

Maybe Favre stopped by and shared his stash.

He’s Married. No such thing as a normal life. Lol

3 Likes

It’s a pretty dicey comparison between a major league starting pitcher and a quarterback.

Quarterbacks throw the ball in games about 600 times a year or so, and not all of them Max effort. In fact I doubt it’s even half of them, and the number one Correlation for injury that is use of the arm is velocity.
( The number one reason is actually just how a particular person’s arm is built… If it has more range of motion on your non dominant arm Then you have less likelihood for your dominant arm to have elbow problems. This is because your dominant arm probably started out the way you’re non dominant did and then through professional training you’ve been able to even increase that range of motion. Likewise if you have very limited range of motion in your non dominant arm it means you’ve got more work to do with your dominant one and probably less ability to handle all the stress.)

So quarterbacks throw the ball you know 3 or 4000 times a year including practice and maybe maybe a quarter of those are full effort.

MLB pitchers are throwing 3 or 4 times that figuring in weekly throwing during the season and 6 weeks of spring training, with the majority of them being at full or near full effort.

Hiw many QBs have had a UCL tear? Not many. Orders of magnitude fewer than MLB pitchers.

I tend to believe the tendonitis diagnosis.

2 Likes