Stafford Thread

It really is this simple. He played a good game.

He played well with the lions a lot, too. I don’t see anything about last night’s performance that wasn’t typical for Matthew Stafford.

I’ve been on record saying that i believe Stafford is something like the league’s 10th best qb. Anyone jumping to conclusions that in the elite rank (top 5), or saying that he just got lucky and is garbage, is probably going to be corrected as more time passes.

Rams looked good. Stafford looked good. Let’s see how they continue to look over time to make grand statements and “i told you so” comments. :man_shrugging:

A guy who joins last night and immediately makes a sarcastic comment about whether I’ve watched the Lions. Guess we’ll have to see whether he’s posted before under another alias.

Anywho, is your suggestion that all hall of famers were the “Barry” of their position?

If Stafford gets a ring he gets into the HoF.

1. His numbers will back it up.

2. The NFL loves a golden boy, and man that’s him. He could be an ambassador for the NFL for decades.

3. The press loves a redemption story, and after 12 years toiling in Detroit, he’ll be a great story.

4. They’d LOOOOOOOVE for a Los Angeles QB to get in the Hall. The Hollywood/HOF connection is a huuuuuuge boon. If he gets in, it will 100% be a as an LA Ram.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Agreed.

I’m fully expecting Stafford to begin benefiting from the Aaron Rodgers (aka golden boy) treatment.

He’s going to be enjoying a lot of calls he never got in Detroit.

1 Like

Like the pass interference non-call from last night. In Detroit that’s called and the Bears extend the drive. In LA the refs pretend it didn’t happen and the Bears have to give Stafford the ball back. Little things like that add up. The same thing happens with holding calls. If you make a big play with other teams and there’s a little holding…no big deal you keep your big play. In Detroit (and some other teams) it gets called and you are in the hole and most likely have to punt.

2 Likes

This doesn’t make sense. There’s a whole game in the books. Surely, that justifies a victory lap.

1 Like

I was at the old forum for years, chum. But if you’re going to compare Sanders to Stafford, a dozen more people should be signing up right away to set you straight.

You asked why Sanders is a HOFer and Stafford isn’t. I’m actually not sure that Stafford isn’t, but Sanders is not a good way to make this point. He’s the undisputed greatest running back to ever play the game. I don’t think the consensus ever put Stafford in the top five of active QBs. He always had at least Brady, Manning, Rogers, and Brees ahead of him, then rotate in whoever the hot hand in a given year was - Rivers, Wilson, etc. So let’s rephrase your question as “Why is the greatest RB of all time in the HOF, but a QB who was never the best in his own division not in the HOF?” See if that makes any sense.

You ask a better question with about Calvin, because he’s not the undisputed GOAT. But come on, you can’t mention Sanders and Stafford in the same paragraph, let alone the same sentence.

1 Like

Chum?

jaws GIF by Challenger

2 Likes

Ha. That was my first thought. Second was, “Did this dude join last night only to make a personal attack the next day?”

lol, I accidentally deleted my gif (I’m very old).

I do love how he’s calling the dude who’s run the forum for like 25 years a troll. Riiiiiiight

Been called (much) worse by people who regularly use a free service that I pay for. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Swap in “Buddy,” “Champ,” “Buckaroo,” “Guy,” “Friend,” or anything else you like. It won’t make asking why Barry Sanders is in the HOF but Matt Stafford might not deserve it make any more sense.

Something tells me from your tone that isn’t how you intended it, but whatever, you don’t warrant a response. Enjoy your day.

Probably true. But that ring is hard to get. He’s certainly better than Eli Manning. Manning will probably get in. But Manning has those playoff MVPs, he beat the GOAT in his undefeated attempt, and he has that last name.

1 Like

I think many people that post here realize that @Nate puts in the work needed to make this forum available to us all… and it is a FAR BETTER forum than many other NFL forums I have ever visited… so I don’t think I will ever try to “set him straight”.

I certainly could disagree with something he posts if I found something I didn’t agree with… but will probably be sure to keep it respectful.

moment making GIF

2 Likes

That where I’ve been. Top 8-12 QB

And, that’s only what you’ve heard…
:rofl:

1 Like

Cool, a single thread to mute instead of a baker’s dozen.

2 Likes