*** The Official We Need to Draft JSN Thread ***

JSN ain’t even the best wr in this class. Another overhyped osu player imo

I like the idea of the Lions drafting JSN irregardless of Williams. He’s a perfect get for Goff and would match well with Amon Ra. Throw in Williams speed and that offense is legit.

2 Likes

Jordan Addison is 173 pounds. He’s gonna get beat up.

I disagree that JSN is a system WR. He runs varied routes and they’re so crisp. In the JSN at #6 thread I posted a link to videos as well showing just exactly how nuanced his route-running is. Plus his coach calls him the best route-runner he’s ever coached, and we all know how well the other guys have done in the pros.

2 Likes

Like Olave, Garrett Wilson, Terry McLauren and Michael Thomas?

3 Likes

Exactly thus I wasn’t going to be surprised if Q Johnston got the call at 18

Did you watch the vid i posted the X WR likely HOF showed exactly why he is not number one . He is good but you over grade him. So you list 4 OS WR who did well you do know hat other schools could be listed with there good WRs. The problem some have here on grading is they are bias towards schools. It shows so please don’t deny it. I can deal with the opinions but when comes to Lions i hope as fans posters will set there school loyalties or likes aside .

Right - draft for “need” because a knucklehead is going to miss a third of the season. I sure hope this changes nothing - drafting for perceived need gets you in trouble. Maybe the change is that we make a low level move for another vet WR. And ur draft plans, whether it was or wasn’t getting a WR …don’t change.

I watched it and I disagree with the sentiment. Did you watch the videos I posted? I think you’re under-grading him. But that’s evaluation, no one agrees every time and that’s fine. But I’ve never been more confident about a player hitting than I am JSN. I will be shocked if he’s not a great player - injuries notwithstanding.

2 Likes

Ha! I am not a fan of Ohio State if that’s what you’re insinuating. I posted that in response to the quote “another overhyped OSU player”. It was merely a list of guys who weren’t overhyped, who happen to play the same position as JSN.

I think we need to draft a WR somewhere, but I’ll leave that up to the draft team. If it’s in round 1 I am good with it. I think a vet could be traded for possibly as we have a strong cap right now. Holmes will figure it out.

I did watch agree about grading different opinions I heard also that he leaned toward skipping last year to avoid injury. Do I know its true nope but once he hurt his leg he sat out.

Do I blame him no but still not a positive point. I heard that form B Edwards but he is Blue so again a bias opinion.

phunny thing around here……

all OSU QBs will fail… because the previous QBs did.

but……

this OSU WR is just another OSU overrated WR….
even though they have a ton of previous WRs that succeeded.

I don’t even look at previous players from a school…
unless the SAME scheme is producing them….
but interesting that JSN isn’t considered the next great pro from WR U…… :face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking::flushed::man_shrugging::anguished::grimacing:

This is really weird timing considering the last 4 out of 5 WRs to get drafted in top 3 rounds from OSU…

4 Likes

I think we take one around rd 3 an bring in few UDFA also will look at a Vet cut later in camps. We need a couple one for sure as back up . Until we get him back in case of injury. You get say Brown hurt sprained finger missing couple weeks that really thins are WR core

1 Like

I heard he likely can work with team till final cut an then restart with team again after 3 games. I had them taking a WR in draft Mingo . I also hope he appeals an could get reduced o 3 or 4 games.

He admitted but it wasn’t NFL games . I think he could get it reduced .

1 Like

I totally agree with needing 2 WR. I’ve never considered the WR group set on the team. Beyond St. Brown this wasn’t a strong group. Plenty of 4th through 6th recievers. I like bringing back Marvin but he’s our 3rd reciever. Well, 2nd now. Like you stated, if St. Brown goes down we are in trouble. Get another vet in here, draft a guy to grow this year, and hope Jamo isn’t a bust long term. Heard an insider say today Jamo has had a very hard time learning the playbook. That is concerning considering how much time he’s had off to heal.

I know they had him in but I just don’t see it. If they stick at 18 it will be a defender, or maybe Robinson if he even falls that far.

I’d be glad for the team to take JSN there too, FWIW. I think it is 50/50 he is there.

If you look around the league there aren’t a lot of teams with elite WR room and they don’t correlate particularly well with successful teams. Philly has one and they went to the Super Bowl. Cincinnati’s is even better. The rest of the real contenders? Not so much. ARSB, Williams and a group of solid role players is plenty.

None of them players you listed at the time they came out was worth the 6th pick of the first rd. I could see us taking jsn at 18 but he not the best wr in this class. Think there’s better value later in the draft and those players will end up being better players imo

I would be absolutely stunned if JSN is available at the 18 slot.

I think the Kiper-ish mocks are missing the boat there….
and I could be wrong…. but that is what my guy says.

I have no idea on an appeal. Someone in a post here stated it couldn’t be appealed from a FREEP article today. I understand the NFL’s position, but really, March Madness bets…seems ticky-tack to me. Especially 6 games and 7 million lost in wages. Still, as a player you need to be aware of the rules.

1 Like

So if q Johnston is rated higher on the our board than jsn why would we take jsn? Doesn’t make sense to me