The plan with the 2 1st round picks after 2 weeks

13 20 and 52…that could get us wayyy up near the top.

TBH, if Goff plays well and they do decide to gonafter Payne at DT in FA and the Big Get, while retaining Harris and AO…

Sewell, a safety and a interior OL is what I’d want.

4 young primary DBs with a lot of depth

Rodrigo and Sewell patrolling the middle blowing guys up

Hutch ,Harris, RoK and Jok off the edge w Bryant, the Commish backing up, Pascal and Levi plus Payne and Alim?

GTFO…thats fast and nasty.

4 Likes

Though Sewell would be a cool story I’m not sure the supersized linebacker fits what we want in that position.

5 Likes

So since your playing what if…Lets say Big V is 100% healthy

Explain why you would release him since he is one of best OGs in NFL an going to replace with a unknown?

Will look for your reason .

2 Likes

One of the best in the league? I think he’s a pretty damn good OG but he’s more above average than elite IMO.

What if he’s a dancing bear like big bro?

How can we tell? Its going to be 3 years and 25 games played out of 50…

2 Likes

I couldn’t disagree more.

It’s the hyped QB class that will eventually tail off….

The Chiefs, Raiders, Broncos, Chargers, Patriots, Jets, Dolphins, Bills, Steelers, Brown, Bengals, Jags, and Titans are NOT drafting a QB…

Leaves- Colts, Ravens, and Texans- for now we assume the Colts and Texans suck, and decide they need a new QB? Let’s assume Ravens resign Jackson, but even if they don’t a QB needy team will and thus a slot is still filled so that leaves… “2” AFC teams that need a QB-

The Rams, Cards, 49ers, Saints, Falcons, Panthers, Lions, Vikings, Packers, Bears, Cowboys, Commanders, and Eagles are likely out on QB…

Leaves- Seahawks, Bucs, Giants?

Thought the Giants are 2-0 so we shall see…. The Bucs have an aging cast and will likely have a later pick?

I expect Seahawks, Texans, and maybe the Colts (still confused by them) all look like top 12 picks….

Young, Stroud, and Levis?

Here is my take-

1. Stroud doesn’t seem to process reads well, but has the size and puts up gaudy numbers- he will either go #1 or teams will see through the stats like they did on Fields and Haskins (rip) falling.

2. B Young is legit 5’10 and 190- he’s Doug flutie size- not close to Brees, Murray, or Wilson frame… talking 20 pounds plus lighter in the britches!!!

3. Richardson- really? 53% completions with ZERO TDS and 4 INTS!!!

4. Levis- not much better with 6 tds and 4 picks- if he’s lucky his stats will look like Sam Darnold- my nfl comp. He also has 6 tds with 4 ints!!! Most colllege QBs who throw more than 12 ints don’t make great pros.

5. VAn Dyke is at 62.8% completions with just 3 interceptions.

• frankly I see one sure fire first rounder in Stroud who may not translate and another in Young who definitely isn’t big enough.

Tua, Herbert and Burrow were a far better class- not even close

3 Likes

This!!!

I think J Okwara is meh and ROK is getting cut-

Hutch/C Harris
McNeill/Buggs
D Payne/Levi/B Jones
Paschal/Cominsky/A Bryant

I’d love to resign Commish and AB

Add Sewell and a stud Safety and then interior OL and a RB to pair with Swift.

2 Likes

Yeah Sewell probably won’t run well enough to be a 1st round pick. If we’re going LB in the first round the two guys that will probably run well To’to at Alabama & T Simpson at Clemson

If going with a big body guy Jack Campbell at Iowa is better than Sewell

DT with one and trade the other for 2 2024 first rounders and use them and ours in 2024 to trade up for McCarthy.

2 Likes

interior OL Is the most needed. Depth and possibly starting Guard.

A common critique for Ohio State QBs is that they don’t process reads well. I would just like to add onto what you said by saying that even though Stroud isn’t amazing with his reads all the time, he is in a different stratosphere with it compared to Fields and Haskins. Haskins used his otherworldly arm talent and Fields used his raw athleticism. Stroud is using his arm talent combined with his understanding of the routes and the timing with the system to be successful. He has shown Peyton Manning level anticipation on occasion, but he’s not very consistent with it. He doesn’t stare down receivers all the time, but does occasionally. I’m not sure if that’s by design with the play or not.

I think Stroud has the chance to be successful but until he shows it consistently on tape, I don’t know if I’d draft him. I think he’s a better player than he was last year just by watching him, and that’s not factoring the “dropoff” in weapons he’s working with this year. He’s still got a lot of season left to prove it.

2 Likes

And we better stay away from these guys.

He is a dancing bear

Team friendly deal, cuz…

1. He wants to stay
  2. His health
  3. He and team want to win.

…so he signs a long term deal with health incentives and never gets hurt again.
He plays at a super-high level, and this injury works out to get the Lions a better deal WHILE developing the backups with valuable reps for next year.

Playoffs are right around the corner.

1 Like

Plan for next offseason…

1. Goff goes to the jungle with Natty and does Ayahuasca
    …finds out that pain is only a human story, and it means nothing other than the meaning you attach to it…
    …he comes back far more brave with a new sense of his power, his ownership of it, and how to wield it.
  2. We trade our 5th round pick to MN for thier first
  3. We trade up with the MN pick plus the rams pick for a DT, who turns out to be just like Suh
  4. with our own pick, we take a developmental QB with a super-high ceiling
  5. with our 2nd rounder, we draft what turns out to be the 2nd coming of Marshall Faulk
1 Like

I can see a LB and S…. any time after the 1st round.

I don’t know if Holmes will ever draft a safety or an off-ball LB in the 1st round.

I think Holmes is more likely to draft Bijan Robinson than a ILB or S.

3 Likes

First pick BPA, unless that’s a QB in which case I’m sure we would receive a handsome trade option. Pick 2 is Gervon Dexter.

First, I’d trade away any/all 2nd round capital…up or down, doesnt matter…the Lions are cursed with bad 2d rd picks, so nip that problem in the bud!

2 Likes