The plan with the 2 1st round picks after 2 weeks

Love the idea of Payne and Sewell, them to alone might go along way to completing this defense.

FA: D. Payne

1st Rd N. Sewell
1st Rd J Porter JR. or A. Addision
2nd Rd T. Bigsby

1 Like

Agreed, I just don’t think they are ever going to take a LB in the first round. Now maybe if it’s an edge/lb who’s good in coverage and rushing absolutely.

I think DL and CB are the two most likely but who knows… what’s the highest they’ve drafted a CB? Iffy in the 3rd right?

If they can get a game wrecker though i think they would regardless of position

1 Like

I watched Oregon play BYU to watch Sewell and was far more impressed with Gonzales. A 6’2 Corner with sub 4.4 speed? Yes please. My guess is he keeps rising. looked into him and both his sisters are Olympic level sprinters and one site had him at 4.32. Lion connection he is the brother in law of our one time back up QB Blough lol. Kiper has him the #7 CB right now but said he felt he may move top 3 because his measurables are so good.

2 Likes

Yeah I expect him to rocket up boards.

2 Likes

Would’ve to get Will Anderson…that would be killer!

2 Likes

That’s my main concern, all the injuries. Nothing worse than paying guys big bucks to not play. Kinda like Trey Flowers.

1 Like

Julian looked very good last week, getting a bunch of pressure off the edge. He’s best when used in passing situations. Kinda soft vs the run.

1 Like

Swift and Slay aint too bad. But I agree it’s been bad most of the time.

3 Likes

Goff is the huge question of this draft and can single handily change the whole draft plans.

If he produces at a pro bowl level this year then we shouldn’t have to look at QB in the first round but could get a really good QB for the future in the 2nd or 3rd since this QB class is so deep.

However if he has an average year with all our weapons then we have to look at making a move for one of the premier QB’s in the draft since we do have multiple first. Depending how the season unfolds someone like Bryce Young could slip to 7-8 in the first round to which it shouldn’t cost both first to move up.

You know Jameson would be lobbying for Young if we was indeed going with QB since he has a great relationship with him.

2 Likes

Lawrence Taylor?

I compare him to Derrick Thomas (who was compared to LT)….so essentially YES!

1 Like

With the first three picks I would love to get DT, LB and S. Help out each level of the defense.

4 Likes

RB 3rd, for me!

1 Like

It’s possible. J-Will will be a free agent. Can never have enough good backs. But you can find good ones in later rounds.

2 Likes

Personally, I think I’d trade the lower of the two for 4 or 5 fourth round picks.
Let Brad load up on St. Brown/Rodrigo types.

1 Like

Regardless, trade the second round pick, please!

1 Like

I’d take a 4th and a 6th please.

thinking of recent glories there…

3 Likes

At some point a QB will be necessary and I’d like to see them use one of the picks from the Stafford trade to get one. However, outside of the top 2 (and they both have ?s), the more analysis I read and games I watch, the less impressed I am with this year’s crop. Trying not to be a UM slappy, but JJ McCarthy is the best QB I’ve seen this year (granted against inferior competition). I like the dynamic a mobile QB brings to the offense.

That said, I’d consider flipping one of the 2022 1st for a 2023 1st and a later pick this draft. Otherwise, I like the S from Texas A&M that can also play CB and another DE (think Romeo may get cut loose if he’s out the whole year). While I’d love a LB, they’ve said the can find them in the later rounds. WR is a possibility, but I could also see them re-signing Chark to a team friendly deal.

Would you send 1 - 1st and Goff to the Ravens for Lamar Jackson provided a long term deal is in place?

2 Likes

Let’s see how this season plays out before we decide we want to screw up the whole way we’ve built our offense so we can develop a new offense for a different type of QB.

7 Likes

LOL - Yup

1 Like