Uhh....welcome back Jarrad Davis?

The signing surprised me, but if you take away the prior history this really isn’t any different than bringing in Charles Harris last season. Davis is a talented former 1st rounder who hasn’t lived up to expectations. Maybe this new system is just what he needs to reach his potential. If not, then they can let him walk after the season.

8 Likes

He is a culture fit for sure…they may have wanted to keep him last year but the Jets are the Jets and Holmes didn’t have $6M to go over the top.

That said, he has been a giant disappointment…maybe a better scheme fit now? Can’t see how it would be worse. Analzone insurance, probably ST guy.

So , he basically took JRMs slot on the depth chart. I’m OK with that for under $2M

Anzalone is going to be on the team and likely playing a significant role on defense, his salary is fully guaranteed.

I know. I was just saying I like Davis better.

Living here in NY - Davis was a total bust last year. ZERO idea why the Jets gave him 5 million. He was even worse in NY than he was in Detroit. The Jets were literally picking up waiver wire guys off the street and playing them over Davis. He was their version of Trinity Benson.

With that said…. Totally fine with giving him a shot for the vet minimum. If he doesn’t make the team - oh well.

4 Likes

To me, letting Davis go, getting a 6th round pick as compensation, then bringing him back at what we can only assume is a much lower salary than what he signed for last year… well, that’s a master class.

8 Likes

People like Jarrad Davis?

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Insecure on HBO

1 Like

I had to prove it to myself
It’s unbelievably awesome :+1:

The kicker would be him becoming a solid starter … I’d absolutely love that

Hopefully they have the magical ability to make a shitty player a not-shitty player.

Very doubtful.

I’m surprised the NFL gives out compensation for players that suck as bad as Jarrad Davis.

IMO, if you decline a guy’s 5th year option, you shouldn’t get Jack squat for him.

2 Likes

Tabor was with Bears in 2021.
Ryan Pace got hired by Falcons after Bears fired him.

And… apparently… the Falcons trust Pace.

seems pretty smart to me as well.

Well… JD played in 9 games last year and out of the 12 targets he was asked to cover 11 catches were made, so I hope we don’t want him to do that. But… he did manage to have the highest missed tackle percentage of his career last year. So as long as we don’t want him to do that. No sacks and 1 QB hurry, so… well… you know… Great human being though!

3 Likes

Do we have collective amnesia when it comes to this guy? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Fear not, Aaron Glenn will turn him into an All Pro. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

He is likely to be the guy Reeves-Maybin was on special teams. What we have is a classic example of a guy who was over drafted, typical Lions pick. He worked hard while he was here. I too am interested in the contract. Here’s an old clip about when he asked about being on special teams.

1 Like

Evolving from starter to STs. Lol

Yeah, I get it but I think he’s a piece of the puzzle.

Oh don’t act like it’s your first time. We all know you’re dirty. :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like