4 Likes

My feelings now

2 Likes

I hope someone trades to 1 for willis…

I hope someone trades to 2 for Willis.
and I am a Willis fan.

4 Likes

LOL - Love that! Hilarious!

I found the answer to the question: who has final say?.. sounds like nobody, except Sheila if she wants to say no to Deshaun Watson.

1 Like

Article 3, section C of rule #12
In the event of needing a tie-breaker between draft picks, the tiebreaker shall go to the BLPA.
Article 3, Section D of rule #12
in the event that there is dispute as to who is BLPA, the tiebreaker shall go to the BLFOA (Best Looking Front Officer Available)
Article 3, of section E in rule #12 reads as follows…in the event of a complete inability to come together on a decision as to who the BLFOA is, the tiebreaker shall be given to Shiela
…in other words, Sheila picks who is BLFOA, and BLFOA chooses BLPA, in the event of a tie.

Are we clear now?

3 Likes

Sounds just like I thought. If Campbell and Holmes disagree, then they will weigh the opinions of the others highly up in the decision making process and let it play out that way. If Holmes loves KT and Campbell loves Hutch, they will go to Dorsey, Agnew, Spielman, and to a lesser extent Aaron Glenn and see where their opinion lies.

That to me is the proper way to do it. When one person is always making the decision regardless of others input, it can create a bad environment. When someone who isn’t making the decisions feel like their opinions actually matter if makes them want to work even harder.

1 Like

In the last day or so, I saw a few sites listing Walker as the #2 Lions Pick. Perhaps Allen Park, either originated and/or promoted this theory, in order, to communicate to JAX Mgmt, that’s how high the Lions value Walker, saying, “If you don’t take him (Walker), we will gladly”, creating a little doubt at a minimum in JAX’s Hutch drafting plans. Effective poker strategy, if correct.

1 Like

I watched Dan Campbell’s entire introductory presentation trying to find that answer… I now find myself wanting to bite kneecaps.

4 Likes

It ends and begins with a mouth full of bloody kneecaps.

Seriously, that had to be the single best introductory press conference ever.

I feel like we may have to start drawing a fine line between Super touch smash mouth football and cannibalism… and if we veer toward cannibalism, well, we’ll have our reasons and we’ll be the last to survive

Vegas odds can be as good as an information leak. For instance, the guy they are trying to track down who made very large bets on the Buccaneers to win the Super Bowl just prior to Brady unretiring. If there’s one thing they hold sacred in Vegas, its the house odds.

4 Likes

I think it’s really happening. I think Jacksonville is about to take Travon Walker, who was a late 1st in January, 1st overall.

Which leaves us with…

7 Likes

Hutch is smart and he’s got guts’n’effort. I think he will improve a ton in the NFL. He’s got some sneakiness to him too. Thursday is gonna be interesting.

I think we should trade 2 to Jacksonville for their first, next year’s first, and a third.

HEY…they’re Jacksonville, they might go for it! Ya never know unless you ask!

2 Likes

While it’s always a collaborative effort on both the draft and the final 53, normally the GM is responsible for acquiring the 90 and the coach cuts to 53. There is probably only a handful of coaches that have final say on draft picks.

I’m not sure why you’d hire a Director of College Scouting and give a rookie HC, that wasn’t sought after, the final decision on the draft. As much as I like Dan Campbell, if he has final say on the draft, this would really bother me. But this is Rod Wood and the Lions, so it wouldn’t surprise me.

1 Like

The Detroit News article I posted above says neither of them have final say and in the event of a differing opinion they seek more opinions. That could lead to quite the amusing sh*t show on draft day.

Walker going to the jags at #1 would really make my day. He’s the one guy up top that i don’t want the lions to take.

1 Like

Dan and Brad have about the same experience in their current positions—arguably Dan has more. This was one of the reasons I was deeply skeptical of this entire front office structure—way too many decision makers with way too little experience successfully doing their jobs, all rolling up to one guy (Rod Wood) who’s either a total neophyte or a total failure, depending on how you want to judge his NFL track record.

Seeing how they’ve paired less experienced people with older, wiser counterparts at every layer of the front office and coaching staff though has made me feel better about it.

4 Likes