**Welcome to Detroit** Lions select Jameson Williams!

At No. 32 overall, took S Lewis Cine, who is injured and played 2 defensive snaps.

At No. 66 overall, took LB Brian Asamoah, who in 7 games has 2 tackles.

2 Likes

Speaking of Jamo, has anyone heard anything about him possibly practicing soon!?

This is the last update I could find and it’s from 4 weeks ago.

Now I’m struggling to remember who the safety we liked was that has 2 picks already. Until you posted this, I would have bet lunch money it was Cine.

Pitre! I was watching the Houston game (stuck in Houston at the time) as he came up with 2 picks. I mixed him up with Cine/Minny.

All I can say for sure is that Campbell only mentioned Cabinda as entering the process where he’s going to practice ahead of coming off IR. No mention of Jamo when he provided that update.

1 Like

You know what? As bad as that is, it’s better than we’ve seen from our pick.

That’s who I wanted as well:

Not really. One would expect a 1st Rd pick to be a starter and a high 3d Rd pick to be a contributor.

By the end of the 2022 season, I have little doubt that Jamo’s contributions to the Lions will exceed the contributions of those two–combined.

1 Like

I have plenty of doubt, and, watch Campbell talk about him. He has plenty of doubt, too. He won’t even venture a guess.

Time will tell.

1 Like

Cine and Booth???

They have combined…. for 2 snaps… on defense.

2 Likes

I mean u will be right for sure, but the Vikes are 6-1 and Cine is out for the season and his career could be in jeopardy, that’s just horrible luck for the Vikes. So, pretty easy one to be right on. I’m excited for Jamo, but you can’t judge any magic bean trade when they are rookies. Come back to this one in 3 years.

2 Likes

No. I got turned around. It was Pitre and someone else that I don’t really care to try to look up. I had looked up a couple of players a couple of weeks ago while watching a game with buyer’s remorse at all of our top picks being MIA. I had recalled, incorrectly, that they were Minny’s. I was wrong. I know one was Pitre and I’m not sure who the other was.

LOL

I wonder how people would feel if a purple dragon ripped the roof off of ford field at halftime, was signed and allowed to play QB, and the lions win by 80?

1 Like

Campbell finally gave an update! Sounds like December. Might play 4-6 games.

2 Likes

Sweet!

Amazing flick.

Tommy Lee Jones I Dont Care GIF

2 Likes

Need to get him out there and him/Goff have 1 great game together. Will fill Lions fans with hope and boost 2023 season ticket sales. The draft is in Detroit so the media will need something to talk about as well.

I guess Jan 1st vs Bears is the game the NFL calls down to the refs and let them know to not call any holding on Detroit’s O-line so Jamo can go off. 300+ yards for Goff with 150+ and 2 TD’s for Jamo.

1 Like

Using common trade valuations of present year vs next year, we essentially traded our 2022 1st round pick for a 2023 2nd round pick. (and gave up a 2022 3rd to do it) :face_with_head_bandage:

…in 2024.

Jeffrey Simmons tore ACL before the draft.
He was selected 19th OA… 11 picks behind Hock.

Simmons missed 1/2 of his first year.

Now… he is a beast.

I would take Simmons over Hock…
and…. also over the majority of the 18 players taken before Simmons.

In 2 years… if Jamo is the WR that many people think he can be… it will be worth it.

6 Likes