What we aren’t seeing or hearing could be telling….?

Are we all not allowed our biases? We all spew our opinions of which many are more informed than mine. But we all get to discuss our thoughts and biases and thank God, disagreements here amongst friends and fellow fans.

2 Likes

You say Barnes lacks instincts, as a senior at Purdue he had 63 tackles, 47 solo, 11 TFLs, 7.5 sacks, 2 pass break ups and an INT, his first year as a pro he had 67 tackles 36 solo, 2 PDEF, 2 sacks on 448 snaps compared to AA 828 snaps and only 78 tackles 44 solo. Barnes had 11 less tackles and 8 less solo tackles on 380 less snaps. you can not leave that production on the sidelines.

Compared to Rodriguez in his first Sr. year he had 82 tackles 55 solo, Barnes’ numbers are very comparable 67, 36, and Barnes played in the BIG TEN compared to Rodrigo big 12. I doubt very seriously a football player can produce like that lacking instincts. His coaches all believe he will do well this year now that he knows their system, they never complained about his instincts, and no other coach in his history has complained about his history, Only you who has probably never played a down of football.

You do realize alot of collage stats do not translate to the NFL. These stats seem to only confuse you, when your comparing Barnes to Rodrigo. Have you watch the difference between the 2 that’s were your Ray Charles kicks in because there a hudge difference between the 2 on the field already. Barnes lack of instincts is obvious when you read constantly that he is out of position. There is a reason for that and with his athletic ability he was drafted in the 4th Rd. Why because he lacks instinct.

He is out of “position" according to their system not instincts, you obviously don’t know football. He has great instincts, the difference in Rodrigo and Barnes is, somebody told Rodrigo if you know the plays and the system going into camp you will do well. He came prepared and Shep said that, he came in knowing all Linebacker positions, he studied. It has nothing to do with instincts. Barnes was remiss in not knowing the system sooner. If you want to argue 4th round is due to a lack of instincts Rodrigo was 6th round, Anzalone was 3rd round, Jarad Davis was 1st round. There is no correlation between draft round and instincts that’s poppycock.

1 Like

Rodrigo is weird. When you see him talking to Shep its almost like they are on the same level of understanding of whats going on. I know thats not the case but you can see that he’s “got it.” They can skip teaching moments like “you were supposed to be in the B Gap!” And get to things like “when you take on that block, do your left foot like X and dip like Y. That will get you around that guy when he does that. He is off balance…you can see right here in the film.”

2 Likes

In my mind, saying you are biased means you’re not trying to be objective.
I think it’s important to ba as objective as you can be … in anything.

2 Likes

Dude your love affair for Barnes has you blind. The comparison to Davis is that there good athletes who lack instincts. You say he has great instincts, now that’s poppycock. You tell people they don’t know football or never played then spew made up poppycock. I got a feeling you were never good at sports.

Hearing your interpretation helps me understand your position so much better.

Please re-read. I was referring to the player’s ability to perform the most important action: Tackling.

WHATEVER

1 Like

I love the mature response…

1 Like

Like fer sure!!

Cap-don’t know who you are dog but look #1, you need to calm down and stop slinging so much venom at other posters here man. #2. ? , when you say “whatever” that means you give up…in this case to TC. Admittedly, I personally don’t know mouse…on that level , YET I will say he has been here a long ass time bro…he may slip here and there, we all do. But I’ll say the guy pretty much knows what he’s talking about. you LOOK like Curious Husker or Cassanova…under a different handle, I don’t know. but as a rule, these folks know what the hell they are talking about. I’ll leave it there .

1 Like

1000% yes.

Yes to this too - Who would make our team better Ray Lewis or Suh (in prime). I’ve got Suh 10 out of 10 times. It’s like the difference between taking the best WR in the world vs taking the best QB in teh world.

DT takes away SO much of the play book and impacts so much.

2 Likes

Very convenient that you leave out Anzalone’s 7 passes defended and an interception when comparing stats. Barnes had 0 ints and 2 passes defended and really struggled in coverage. The pass game is just as important as the run game to playing linebacker.

Look I’m rooting for Barnes, hope he develops into a solid starter, but he aint there yet and has a long ways to go. The coaches don’t trust Barnes yet, that is pretty clear, he’s gotta earn it.

3 Likes

Time on the forum doesn’t make you right it just makes you old. I am not slinging venom, I don’t know where you got that from. What are you TC mouse’s lawyer, if he’s been here that long he has probably learned to speak for hisself.

3 Likes

More evidence of the Lions staff bias against Barnes.

4 Likes

Another Barnes mad-Cap thread, LOL… Under 60 replies so far…

3 Likes

I think Anzalone is underrated around here. I donKt think he’s great by any stretch but he’s an average starting LBer on a very team friendly deal.

6 Likes

Sheppard is toting the line, this is his first year. I did not include him in my reference to bias.