Wide Receiver targets

Just an FYI, for all the trouble I’ve had trying to put a stamp on a 2022 FA WR, I just checked out 2023. Not any better unless Seattle doesn’t tag Metcalf.

Metcalf is under contract for 2022.

He isn’t for 2023.

Quite right, I need more coffee :coffee:. There too much blood in my caffeine stream.

2 Likes

There’s no such thing as too much coffee.

1 Like

OK I’m going off the reservation here but I just wanted to post the best QB/WR combination in college ball last season, from Western Kentucky.

QB Bailey Zappe…5,545 yards passing…56 TD’s…11 int’s Senior
WR Jerreth Sterns…137 receptions…1,718 yards…14 TD’s Junior who is likely to declare…ESPN has him as a junior but I see he is a senior on other sites.

That’s some shit there.

Gallup is far and away my favorite FA target, I think he’s a #1 NFL WR on an offense that doesn’t let him be one. I’d rather pay $12-15M/year for Gallup than $20-23M/year for Godwin. I also think he’s more get-able than the other high end WRs, as we give him one of his best shots of being the clear #1. I think that will matter more to him than some of the other guys.

2 Likes

Head Coach is Tyson Helton, same guy who made Sam Darnold look good at USC. No coincidence.

1 Like

It’s one thing to project that, and another to put all your chips in on that. Didn’t he just come off an IR stint a couple weeks ago?

Oh there is for sure. Love coffee, but if I have too much. And then good luck trying to sleep. lol

hulk smash GIF

1 Like

There are different grades of calf strain injuries, with the most severe that doesn’t require surgery is a Grade 3 if I am understanding it correctly. Gallup was a player I looked at and just wasn’t sure that his production would match his pay. But it’s a very good point that he could emerge here given the opportunity. Be interesting to see what the going rate is when he hits the market.

Sleep is for the weak, and non parents.

Turkish coffee, the best. I can drink coffee and go to bed.

2 Likes

I’m impressed! Coffee in the evening and I’m staring at the ceiling all night. I used to drink tons of coffee when I was younger, but the headaches from withdrawal were getting pretty rough. I cut way back the past decade. Feel much better overall.

2 Likes

I feel great!

beavis and butthead GIF

Maybe I should play WR, yeah! Oh wait a second, have to wait for my ankle to heal from Sundays victory celebration injury. :laughing:

1 Like

Do you need any TP? lol

Bernie Sanders Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

2 Likes

Tampa has been going big… and has cap space to keep going big to keep him.

The Bucs already have enough cap space ($32 million) to tag him again… and they have a ton of money available via restructure of good players if needed to add more cap space.

They could easily afford Godwin on a back loaded long-term deal as well.

I just can’t see a possible scenario where the Bucs go from bringing every starter and contributor back in a pretty historic offseason… to letting one of their core young players walk out for nothing.

It really bothers me that all of my employees are too young to get a Cornholio reference.

2 Likes

Depends on a lot of factors, true. I think everyone is taking for granted that Brady will be back, and maybe he will? A lot changes if he’s gone, imo.

I think trading for Metcalf, also contingent on Seattle blowing things up, is a strong alternative option. Can’t say no on a rookie contract, right?

If Brady doesn’t come back… ???

National Football League GIF by SportsManias