Sutton— Hughes
Murphy Bunting — Will Harris

Jacobs and Lucas to the practice squad.

Trade Okudah to the minneshita vikqueens

IuP

2 Likes

He is a cheap good team guy…st player…good resigning

4 Likes

Harris found a role as Slot CB. His best attribute is his versatility, our staff has always loved this guy even when I wanted him gone. I would love it if were just the backup dime back DB that can fill in any of the spots inside, outside, or safety.

Great depth signing. I’m still greedy holding out hope for Murphy-Bunting NB and Hughes to resign as a backup CB.

Starting to look like a strength if we can finish it up.

Mosley could PUP
Sutton
Okudah
Murphy -Bunting
Will Harris
Hughes
Jacobs
Rookie

Lucas PS

Doesn’t leave much room to draft. I’d rather develop some guys behind these guys like we did with Kerby. Hopefully we can find a Deshon Elliot replacement late. Wasn’t he a 6th round pick?

We got once spot back there once we trade Okudah!

I like raw , long armed baller Darious Rush CB reminds me a lot of the Jospeh pick

1 Like

Tell us you don’t watch the nfl
Without telling us you don’t watch the nfl
Lol

That’s my DB man
terrell owens images GIF

1 Like

Explain why they don’t count?

Let’s hope what deadstroke is saying is true for will Harris

Only counts 1 mil against the cap !!

1 Like

This would have been better if Will Harris resigned. Like from a job.

He can play multiple positions in the secondary, he has value as a backup.

3 Likes

And @DeadStroke says special cap, he’s basically free. 1 mil against the cap 51 only…if it were a rookie it’d be like 800k

Great value as a dime back, backup NB, depth piece

1 Like

@DeadStroke this will be my go to argument because in todays nfl with 17 games , he wasn’t going unemployed.

Now lions got him potentially for Pennie’s , no player they could find for that amount would likely be any better

Lions fans always seem to love cap friendly moves because they lead to … winning ?

I cannot disassociate him from this problem. If the guy who maxed out in 8th grade football (me) sees the glaring issue and the All Pro CB who’s job it is to be in charge of the entire Lions defense doesn’t (or doesn’t fix it by correcting the DB coach), then it’s a problem. It wasn’t a once or twice thing. It was a consistent way our DB’s were playing. We were absolutely miserable at playing the ball even when our guys were in perfect phase with the WR at the moment of truth.

1 Like

Cash paid $2,582,500
Vet Discount $1,350,000
Cap Hit $1,232,500

2 Likes

So he counts just slightly above the veteran minimum for his years of eligibility ($1,080,000)

Yes, the signing bonus $1,080,000 + $152,500 = $1,232,500

1 Like

This is what I know. AG coaches the guys up the right way. Also, if a player is poorly coached for 10-12 years of football before getting to a good teacher and coach it is going to take some time to uncondition the players learned tendencies. AP was an issue and AG was trying to get him to do what he wanted. If you remember Dan, Bj and Brad mention “new messenger” a lot. AP was not a good messenger despite numerous meetings behind closed doors and in game “what are you doing???”. Miami was the final straw and it cost the lions the game. They fired him. Fox’s and Bly’s addition will allow AG to be more hands on…an all pro corner who is an excellent teacher is not just going to overlook corner’s not turning their heads.

3 Likes