Will Harris Resigned…

It’s just strange because he immediately got hired by the Packers for the rest of the season. And then promptly signed back with the Rams to coach the DB’s in the same role that he apparently was so terrible at with the Lions. So, he’s gotta be well respected around the league right!?

I still don’t think we know the whole story there.

2 Likes

You think they FIRED a guy that was doing everything he was told and nothing he wasn’t? Like…everything was per AG’s specifications?

yup. He is respected. I think it was a difference in philosophies. I believe Dan was telling the truth when he said that AP is a very good coach, just different style and preference to the what the lions want to do.

1 Like

That makes sense. It would seem like that might come out in the interview process ahead of hiring the guy and rolling with him for 1.5 seasons though

2 Likes

Trade Swift for 2nd or 3rd rd pick?

True, but it was also Dan’s first time hiring coaches as he walked into the interim position with Miami and did not hiring there.
Goes to what I said in another thread, think it was are we better off now, Dan is learning on the job and this is part of it.

My .02 speculation

3 Likes

yea, good point. Maybe he was a brad preference and first year was all about just competing and being where they needed to be…last year was maybe more about the little details and not losing because of those details…maybe AP’s philosophical differences became more pronounced this last year…I dunno.

You think we could get a 2nd or 3rd for Swift?
I might actually jump on that offer.

1 Like

I think we’d be lucky to get a 5th. He’s basically a 1 year rental. I’d keep him and work him like a dog!

2 Likes

I agree 100%, however, a 2nd rd pick for him…might be tempted draft, his replacement. I don’t see it, but I would be tempted.

I doubt it brother, with the depth of the draft and the under valuation of the position combined with his under performance and mentality, I think it would be a hard pass. It is not a secret that he has to be 100% in order to give anything close to max effort.

1 Like

I think we have if you break down he Miami lose you will se why he was let go . From all rep[orts Dan wanted certain coverage as did DC an AP went completely different from what Dan want. Watch the vid of the game thats why the Fins Wrs who are very good were running free over the middle mainly.

The holes were huge Dan wanted press coverage an Ap wanted to off an then zone an the middle was left wide open. There is a u tube video out showing exactly the problem. in slow motion.

I know most of us already know about the veteran salary benefit with Will Harris, but I thought this tidbit from POD was interesting. He will definitely be on the 53 next year…

One final note on this type of contract: Expect Harris to make the roster

To keep teams from taking advantage of this benefit, both the base salary and prorated bonus are fully guaranteed, totaling $2,582,500 for Harris.

If the Lions keep Harris on the roster, he will cost them a $1.3M cap hit in 2023, but, if they elect to release him, they will take a dead cap penalty of $2,582,500 because of the guarantees.

Therefore, it would cost the Lions more money ($1,265,000) to cut Harris than keep him on the roster.

1 Like

It will cost me more money in alcohol and drywall repair if he gets starter reps.

2 Likes

Haha Harris was quoted as saying he’s planning to be a Lion for life.

terminator GIF

2 Likes

From the Vikings maybe

Link please!

English please!

1 Like

I thought I was the only one having trouble reading the “rep[orts” :laughing:

I’ve known yote for 20+ years
His grammar and typing have always been shit

1 Like