Witness: Aqib Talib started fight that led to shooting of coach | wfaa.com

His brother pulled the trigger. But Aqib started the fight. It will probably be accessory to murder imo.

1 Like

THIS….I know of a real life case that’s similar. My buddy I always mention that’s from the hood, his brother n law did 17 years in prison because he was with his boy who shot up a house and a stray bullet killed a little girl. My man didn’t shoot the gun….but he and two other ladies got prison time because they were there and did nothing to prevent the shooting. Aqib might be going away for a while.

4 Likes

There are a lot of details that I haven’t seen yet. I.E. did they leave the scene together. Did he hang around to ID his brother or did he leave the scene of a crime. If he didn’t hang around he had better have a real good lawyer.

If you and your buddy walk into a liquor store and he robs it then you both take off, good luck explaining that to the judge.

I used to run prison and jail rehabilitation groups and almost everyone in there will tell you they are innocent. It was their buddy’s drugs, or they were just with the guys, or they didn’t know what their friend was gonna do. The judges does not care, they have seen it, heard it, been told every story under the sun.

It sounds like he went right to his lawyer who released a statement so maybe he has a chance if he is fully cooperating through his lawyer and agrees to testify and/or provide a witness statement against his brother.

1 Like

Premeditated though.
Aqib didn’t do anything to stop his brother but you saw how fast it happened.
Idk, maybe he gets in trouble but i could see him not getting anything as well.

2 Likes

Yeah it is different than the story I know of. Those guys were beefing with some people in a prior altercation that led to the shoot-up…Aqib and his bother I don’t think so but I still say there should not have been a gun present period!

1 Like

Aqib will pay for a high priced lawyer that I assume your buddy couldn’t afford. Same crime, different results because of one’s wealth.

2 Likes

Actual fight or argument?

There is a meme going around that says something like: “I had my kids vote for what pizza and movie they wanted tonight, to teach them about Democracy. Then I chose the pizza and movie because I’m the one with the money.”

2 Likes

Must … not … make … Pistol … formation … joke

3 Likes

You are such a smart ass… like me :laughing:

1 Like

He can be held responsible for inciting a riot that lead to a homicide. And he should be.

2 Likes

If you find a link to the video of the actual shooting…

Dont.

2 Likes

Note to self: Don’t touch that. Don’t touch that…

I have always despised Talib. Really a dirty player and cheap shot artist.

I saw his crap many times while he was playing for the Broncos.

2 Likes

Never heard of this taco cabana chain. Just looked it up and really want to try it. They have one location in Arizona that I found out is permanently closed! This sucks!

1 Like

My youngest stepdaughter was in Dallas for 3 weeks and she said their nachos slap.

Which is good.

I think.

1 Like

LOL - I’lll look it up, buddy…I’m not sure WTF that means.

Findings…
What does slap mean slang?
to be excellent or amazing

you were correct in following your instinct on the context clues!

Also…
Fox SLAPS like a MF’r!

1 Like

One of the guys at work has been following this story more than I have. He said that Aqib and his brother asked the other team to scrimmage and told them they’d pay for referees. All during the scrimmage, Aqib’s team would keep hitting the other team after the whistle. They were warned and talked to but it didn’t stop. The refs finally just called the game and that’s when there was an argument over the score and that’s when the fight ensued.

He said that he saw an interview with a friend of the deceased, the friend said he was only coaching to make some extra money to buy his son a new helmet.

Just a sad, sad story.

I think it’s ok if your nachos slap…but not your huevos.

1 Like

Getting your huevos slapped gets you a $230 million guaranteed contract, apparently.

3 Likes