Worries with Jalen Carter

It’s possible. The league shelved their trait enthusiasm with Willis and I did not expect that. But with Richardson doing it in the SEC - I think that takes away part of the spectre that Willis dealt with coming out of Liberty. I personally do not believe Richardson is a top QB prospect. I also believe that he has a huge bust potential and that’s IF he’s not a turd. It will be interesting what happens with AR and Levis for sure. I could honestly see both of those guys slip out of the top 10 and I could see them both going before our pick at 6 due to teams moving up. Throw in the Carter situation and the top 5 is now a real toss up.

And Richardson has much more impressive traits

1 Like

I can sum all this up by one simple comment. Carter is what happens when athletes think the participation trophies they got means something. The effort to be the best is lost.

1 Like

Mouse you sure have been pissing in the wind a lot recently! Are you not going to the beach anymore!? haha

material fails GIF

1 Like

Yeah that got old now it’s pissing in the wind. Lol

I’m pretty sure that dude was pissing in the sand!!

Idk but he poked a hole in the sand I bet. :joy:

Carter to me is worth the risk if he’s there at 6. If he’s right he’s the one guy that could really make the biggest impact on this defense. Dominant DT’s are game wreckers.

3 Likes

Height, weight and field vision, yes which is admittedly important as heck, but the rest, no and the accuracy trait, which Willis exceeds him at, is massive and impossible to overlook IMO.

1 Like

Damm I’m gonna have to save that one, it will be resourceful.

Willis played in a gimmicky HS style offense. Richardson was asked to drive the ball down the field far more often. I believe that you are overstating that gap.

Richardson is much faster, much bigger, much stronger with a more powerful throwing arm and IMO a much cleaner stroke. I think he’s way, way beyond Willis as a prospect.

From what Ive read Richardson throw a great ball and really nice deep ball his accuracy problems are from his foot work from my understanding.

I would say footwork and bad decision making are the biggest things holding back his completion percentage. He’s not an inaccurate passer of the football.

Question for the football technicians - Wouldn’t poor accuracy always be because of bad footwork and poor mechanics?

I mean other than being possibly visually impaired what else causes a pass to sail errant?

When people say, ‘oh his bad accuracy is just due to poor footwork’ it makes is sound like there’s other more dire reasons for inaccurate passing and footwork is merely correctable

1 Like

A lack of hand-eye coordination is the biggest factor to me. We’ve all played hoops with those people who didn’t grow up playing sports and they just can’t even get the ball anywhere near the rim. You have to train that for virtually any sport. To me it’s like reading or writing, the bare minimum required to be successful, but also insanely complex. If we all didn’t learn it while we were kids it would be much more difficult.

1 Like

You guys could literally turn any topic into a QB discussion.

Go to the off topic forum, start a new thread about puppies and within 10 or 12 replies it would be about not extending Goff because his future wife has such larges puppies and it’s a distraction for him.

1 Like

I’m just checking in to see who fully deserved Charles Rogers, Nick Fairley, and Titus Young.

What we got here is failure to communicate.
Some men you just can’t reach.

1 Like

I think basketball is a great analogy. No matter how much you work on someone’s mechanics in basketball, there is a limit to each persons ability to shoot a basketball. Particularly under duress. I have also used a gun analogy in the past as well. You can literally hand different people the same gun and get different results. That’s because accuracy is partially mental. A QB needs to be able to process a moving target and not only be able to predict where that moving body is going to be…but calculate it against the type of pass he throws. So Matt Stafford’s calculation will be different than Tua’s calculation for the same intended target.

2 Likes

Well that just proves that kitten threads are superior and will hold ones attention better

Cat Kitten GIF