Would you be ok with paying Goff 35 million a year to win one playoff game?

Let’s be clear, you only like certain what if’s.

3 Likes

Lol my man been saying what if stafford missed that and what if Goff had Kupp… I’m talking reality, dude choked and lost the super bowl and missed throws when he needed to make them, is there details and scenarios that happened that made it harder or easier yes, but we are talking reality rn. I promise u we won’t win the Super Bowl with Goff… and when we have to sign our guys in 3-4-5 years you’ll regret paying Goff that much.

I promise you we won’t win the chip with Goff Let’s just wait and see.

We have to pay those guys in 3-4-5 years no matter who the QB is, we will also let some of them go. Where is the cap in 3yrs, 4yrs, 5yrs, what will 14% of the salary cap be at that point? That was the old % for a QB portion of the cap for SB wins, teams paying more than that didn’t win the SB.

Is the Lion’s window open now, more than 3-5yrs from now with Rodgers moving on with a weaker NFC etc etc? We have no idea what will happen in the next three years much less five to these current players, ball out, injured etc.

At this point, you keep Goff and worry about extension after next season. If the right QB is there you grab him, if not, you play out next season and deal with it then.

:clap: :clap:

And this is exactly what I have been trying to say. But I added I won’t be fooled by a top 10 offense when deciding to extend him or pay him a big contract. I want to see what he does in playoffs

Of course you won’t be fooled, it means you would have to give credit to someone who is leading the offense.
Angry No Way GIF by Simon Super Rabbit

Ben Johnson :hugs:

Well of course, fits what I said.
For me:
Dan Campbell then Ben Johnson. But, you need a QB to make it work, who knows it and runs it smoothly. J Goff
What matters to Ben Johnson when looking at QB’s?
Not the same style or change of pace, nope.

1. 3rd down completion percentage
  2. 2min drill success.

Stafford threw one of the worst passes of his career and likely would have lost the game had the SF player not dropped it.

Stafford/Rams benefited from 2 of the worst personal foul calls I’ve ever seen in football. It’s one thing to miss a personal foul call or call one on something that shouldn’t have been called. In both these instances, they not only missed the actual personal foul call, they call it on the player from the other team.

1. Hit to the helmet against Brady, Brady gets the personal foul call.
  2. Stafford stomps Suh, Suh gets the personal foul call.

Those 2 penalties would have ended Rams season right there. So 2 terrible calls & a dropped INT gets Stafford a SB ring. Is that your definition of “it” ??

1 Like

We didn’t win with Stafford either.

1 Like

Different Lions team then and now habibi

LOL.
Great response.

Or how about the Ramsey int. drop that would have sealed the game?

The no look pass that opened just enough room for the completion.

The 2 dimes to Kupp to win

Stafford carried that team through the playoffs game winning drive after game winning drive. Even when Kupp and co. were trying to fumble the game away.

Look im all about keeping Goff, a 28 yr old in his prime QB, not a RB playing QB.

Our window is opening now. I much prefer a experienced QB in his prime that’s actually accomplished something. I have no doubt he can win.

Im not going to try and bash Stafford, especially when I don’t believe for a minute Goff leads the Rams to the SB 2 yrs ago. Stafford did something no QB has ever done leading all those comeback wins. It doesn’t mean Goff can’t, it means very few ever could have duplicated Stafford.

1 Like

That’s the going rate for an average starter in this league, so yes… Hell that’s basically what he’s making now anyway, so hell yes, gimme that playoff win. I’m not paying him $45 million/year, so unless Goff shows he can win games, plural, in the playoffs, I’m not handing him that contract.

Um. He has won playoff games in 3 different seasons. None in Detroit, yet.
Go look at career stats.

what if you get a first round bye?

:muscle: :sunglasses:

I agree with all you say with one exception → A-a-ron is a NONFACTOR!!!
We own him, them with him, etc. Screw the packers!

Campbell
Johnson
OL
QB…in that order

1 Like

What if we have the opportunity to acquire a QB with similar abilities, but is much more handsome QB for similar or less money?

I know you want your shot… but it just isnt in the cards for ya in Detroit buddy

Except he could never shoulder the Lions. Remember the playoff game against Dallas? Everyone remembers the picked up PI, but do you remember Stafford got the ball back with two minutes left and down by four?

He fumbled twice. That was 2014. In 2013 he was worse and played wretched down the stretch in a year where the division was handed to us. Was an inaccurate turnover machine

That year was Staffords 7th year in the league. And he got better. This is Goffs 7th year in the league. And he’s already been to three PBs and led two top five offenses. But you’re saying Goff can never improve and can never win a SB

By the way an extension in the high 30’s after the new TV contract kicks in will probably be around 10 ish percent of the cap. Right in line historically with what teams have paid SB winning QBs

1 Like

Jared Goff Yes GIF by Detroit Lions

3 Likes

I guess we just keep drafting QB’s until we get a top 3 guy, we should win a Superbowl in another 60 years or so.

1 Like