Would You Trade Next Years 3rd

And or specific replacement plan investment ( oline? ) or specific position group immediate investment ( db , lb )

All the young players with contracts all up at the same time or around each other with how quickly this team got young.

And about every one of them worth more than they were ie pay raise or rest market

1 Like

If it means we get an important guy we are targeting, sure. We’re gonna pick 28th overall, so next years third is almost a 4th.

1 Like

If we don’t sign any UFAs and we know we are going to receive some comp picks next year I might be okay with it. What I think Brad might do is look to move up from 18. Like 18 and one of our 2nds to move up a couple spots and maybe get a 4th back in return. I think they will look to fill that void between our 3rd and 5th picks.

2 Likes

I keep having to remind myself to count on a bit of a sophomore slump from some of our rookies. They all played very well but for some reason it always happens. Even to the best players. Just look at the red wings this year for an example.

Tell than to St. Brown and Sewell!! :grinning:

2 Likes

Coaching has a lot to xo with that

1 Like

You also need to include McNeil as he improved as the year went on. I think this up coming year will be a big year for him. Especially if we have a better rotation by the start of the season.

1 Like

The Giants game he was a man possessed. Gotta get that more consistently out of him though. We have seen flashes.

I think he was better this year than his rookie year. We just need him to keep trending up.

2 Likes

We are also going to have a new D-line coach, it’ll be interesting how that plays out with all the young talent we have on the D-line. Hutch, Alim, Paschal and Houston to name a few. Hopefully they bring someone in that is great at developing young players.

1 Like

Yeah I hate that that’s now a big question mark. Hope whoever becomes our Dline coach is in the Wash/Kocurek mold.

1 Like

That’s why I said some and not all. :grin:

1 Like

I wouldnt

I also think I read that Biggs and McNeil had two of the most dominant DT games / historical game performances matching with the greats / so if they can tap into that weekly … they might be all they need.

Buggs Lions-Vikings key PFF stats: Isaiah Buggs deserves Defensive Player of the Week consideration - Pride Of Detroit

McNeil

2 Likes

Holmes’ flipping of the picks for Hock makes more sense if that is true.

1 Like

Yea, that game Alim was on fire. The Giants did have backups starting at center and guard that day though. Great that Alim dominated them, but that’s important to take note of.

I’ll find the link and share it.

I had no idea this storyline was going on at the time. Doing a quick search it looks like their center played, but left the game injured. He played around 75% of the available snaps. The guard spot is interesting looking back at the info available. The guy who started the game was their original starter. He had been on IR all season long and was activated for our game. He re-aggravated the injury that had him out all season and they eventually put him back on IR to finish the season. So the guy basically only played half of 1 game all season, and got his ass handed to him in the process. Ouch!

3 Likes
1 Like

I guess you could say Alim put him out for the season! haha I wouldn’t want to block a 350 pound dancing bear either, hard to blame the guy