WR theory

Both Holt and Bruce are Among the top 20 all-time at the position. I guess I’m confused at the question

1 Like

With Az in the.slot, and Faulk who was the lynch pin

This IS exactly what you said, nobody needs to twist it.

Yeah, I’m thoroughly confused.

But who was the #1?..you need a #1 I’m told.

But they had 2…this is a trick of some kind lol

2 Likes

Low likelihood that’s what they’r thinking. Low likelihood that’s gonna be super-effective.
I think we get a bruiser back and a nasty-ass freak WR (god I miss KG already).
We are positioned well for the future. I believe we will spend more money than lions fans are on the trenches, and quite possibly less on QB. I think we’ll go for at least one really freak WR, and I have high hopes that we can get a monster RB that wants to deliver the blow.

Second part of my first post

“I know some think Hock will be that guy, but I’m not a fan of your TE being your go to guy, especially when you need a chunk”

Follow up post

“Sorry to disagree, but Jones, Moss, Brown, Rice, Irvin, Owens, Freeman, Harrison and on and on. You can go back to Stallworth, Swann, Pearson, Pearson etc. The list is long”

That is the rest of what I said, then the next post listing just a handful of no. 1s. Your trying to twist it and you know it

Remember when Az became our true #1… ugh… those were the days.

Hakim and Schroeder signed to be “the duo” :joy:

2 Likes

LOL, he and Schroeder, what a duo!!!

3 Likes

I think a lot of it depends on the offense you’re running. Why can’t T.J. be the #1. It’s worked in other places. I expect our oline is going to dictate a lot of what we do. Sewell is going to be a huge part of the passing game as well and he’ll probably never catch a pass. He’s unreal in the screen game and can lock down a teams best pass rusher. Also how valuable is a #1 WR when you expect to be amongst the league leaders in rushing? Truth is Hockenson is the perfect #1 because of what he brings to the run game. Swift and JW are perfect backs for this offense. Swift could easily be a 1000/1000 guy next season. Does that lesson the need for a true #1 WR? I think it does. I think adding Sewell does as well, as does having a TE like Hockenson. We haven’t even started to factor in play action if we actually can run the ball.

1 Like

A couple of thoughts. Even if we are top 5 in rushing attempts, we are still throwing the ball 55% of the time. Being a run heavy team in the nfl is not that drastic to pass heavy teams.

Also, I would like to know what team has used their TE as their number 1 option? And, what was that teams WR group?

Also, over half the teams in the NFL have a Swift out of the backfield (and all have a good receiving back). So mentioning swift as a major factor in the receiving game doesn’t add much imo. Because like I said, most teams have a swift.

1 Like

I think you under value Swift. Most teams wish they had a Swift. It’s worked in San Fran with Kittle, maybe KC with Kielce and in NE with Gronk. Yeah those teams had some WR’s but I think there were years that they were the focal point of the offense. I think having a TE like that alleviates the need to have a dominant WR.

Man again, you are talking about an amazing roster. Like a no holes roster with above average talent across the board.

I think swift is a stud as a dual threat back. There are many studs in the nfl

Absolutely there are studs like Swift but not many. I just thinking having a good TE and a good Oline and a good RB and a good screen game takes away the need to have a dominant WR. Not saying this team doesn’t need WR’s. We absolutely do. Just not going to notice on the field as much as some other positions.

Entire group accounted for…32nd receiving group in the league IMO. I can’t think of one worse

Maybe the bears. Aside from Allen Robinson (hes close to elite though), they don’t have much in the passing game.

Jets and Texans are in the ballpark too when including backs and TEs, so maybe not dead last

1 Like

I don’t disagree. But I think we will have a better passing attack then a dozen teams with a better WR group because of the other pieces we have.

Lol I’m liking this but trust and believe that was the most undynamic duo ever. That was the worst combo of guys ever.

Even at the young age I was as a Lions and football fan, I still didn’t think it sounded like a great idea… if it happened today I’d say “call me in 7 years when you fire Millen.”

I think team-balance is the key. Sure SF has Kittles but they had a run-heavy offense and some decent WR’s but really no true #1. I think the thought that you need a true #1 isn’t really true.

1 Like

That could be actually. The line does make a huge difference

1 Like