Zach Charbonneau RB UCLA

Come on on bro everyone knows you don’t chill a fine Cabernet. Lol

1 Like

I think 2 go in round 1… 100% Bijan goes there

Andy Reid is a big, fat pile of genius.

2 Likes

IMO, a guy like Suh is far more visible & less likely to be snagged in late rounds, as it requires unusual power & burst. RBs are pretty much all fast & some late round guys just do amazing. I’m not sure that’s the case with defensive tackles?

Maybe it is, but it is not in my current awareness.

I remember last year, Brad said “Alim is the only defensive tackle in this draft”

I feel like they are far more rare.

one of my fav RB stables was Bradshaw & Jacobs were NASTY, & were late picks.

3 Likes

That very well might happen, but highly unlikely to Detroit. That was the original point. Lions very likely are not even looking at rb. Despite the obvious appeal.

2 Likes

I watch every Rutgers game. I know, I know.
I thought he’d go in the 3rd or 4th round. He’s tough and has good vision, good blocker and receiver and built like a fire hydrant, so he’s very tough to tackle. Never really saw the burst at Rutgers, he seemed to get caught from behind often. I was shocked he ran a 4.3 something at the combine.
I was very surprised he lasted until the 7th, but also surprised how well he’s done with the Chiefs. He basically beat out CEH, a first rounder, I believe. Yes our O-line was/is trash, even Schiano is having a hard time turning that around, NIL is not helping. Pacheco is to the Chiefs what MRod is to the Lions…late round steal.

2 Likes

Why do you think that? Their top rusher is a FA and 28, their 1B rusher is on the last year of his rookie deal and is often injured, AND the GM was director of college scouting on a team that took a RB at 10th overall in 2015. I think it’s highly likely the Lions are looking at RB, maybe not in the 1st round, but I’m definitely not going simply write it off considering the facts.

1 Like

I think it’s possible Bijan is the only one who goes in the 1st. I like Gibbs too, but for instance PFF has him ranked 55th. They’re not the be-all-end-all when it comes to scouting but it’s a good reference for how he’s not thought of as highly elsewhere as he is here. And I think there are legitimate concerns he might not be an every down back, and if a team believes that he could go later.

2 Likes

Several reasons.

1. taking Gurley is exactly the reason Brad IS reluctant to take a back in the first.
  2. just because Brad came from LA doesn’t mean he adopted the same strategies, in fact, he hasn’t to this point.
  3. I have it on pretty good authority that Bijan might actually not be a fit for BJ’s offense. And that for his offense what they need from a running back can be accomplished from a 3rd round guy per say.

So based on everything I’ve gathered……it seems like a big reach.

This is not so far fetched. People keep expecting the lions to go get a top LB in the draft etc and they have yet to and have even said it’s a position they are fine playing moneyball with……LB and RB are two positions they do not value enough to put a first round price tag on the talent.

4 Likes

Great to hear.

2 Likes

It’s definitely possible he goes in round 2… It’s a long way to the draft, but if he kills the combine and runs a sub 4.35 like he probably will… I don’t see how he makes it out of round 1.

He’s reluctant bc the biggest piece to their offensive success had 2 all pro years and they made a super bowl? I’m confused by this logic…

I’m not saying they’ll take him, they may play moneyball with that position, a lot of teams do. I’m just not going to simply say that Bijan isn’t worth the pick compared to who else is on the board.

1 Like

As a Ucla fan I’ve followed Charbonnet the past two years

When you factor in durability he’d immediately be the Lions number 1 back, most of you would love him, he would fit right in to the Lions culture

Great Vision
Good speed
Great pass receiver
Runs very hard

A feature back in every sense of the classification

5 Likes

Gurley had 3 good seasons. That’s not a lot of bang for your buck forms first round pick. And as I mentioned before the belief is there isn’t that much separating what he could bring to the offense compared to say spears from Tulane in a later round. They most likely will draft a running back. I’ve just heard that Bijan isn’t in the cards from too many people.

I prioritize defensive tackle by far. Feels like “my guy” may not be available…again.
I prioritize OG & CB about equally, & think one of those could be our pick.
I have RB up next. I am hopeful that we land something like Gibbs with one of our first 4 picks.

More likely, Brad snags a RB in the 5th that I’ve never heard of that clearly outperforms his draft status.

1 Like

I don’t know, may have to disagree on the virtue that Holmes (with his Rams experiences) knows damn well how an ELITE RB elevates a play action based offense

I’m taken the best RB (and there’s two possibly 3) in round 1

Question is which pick, hell no one expected the Rams pick to register at 6oa, this is almost like playing with house money

I’m surprised you aren’t all over Charbonnet Natty, he’s your kind of back.

1 Like

I think you’re right. Also → He was targeting st Brown, & knew he could get him late. Should we be scared of Brad? Is he using some sort of dark magic? WTH???
Holmes seems to have a knack for getting the guys he covets/targets. I’ve heard him say this about a lot of our players.
The only thing he could do that would surprise me is fail.

I’m 100% on board with taking RB early…if it’s what Holmes xoes, I’ll be supporting it.

3 Likes

3 good seasons, resulting in a SB appearance, I’d say that’s a pretty good return. Hell, LA gave up 2 firsts and a starter for 1 good year from Stafford… But it got them to another SB, so in their eyes, it’s worth it.

Robinson may not be in the cards for the Lions, but his value is still higher, based on talent, than the 2nd DT or 2nd/3rd edge rusher IMO… Or 4th rated CB if we’re talking about taking him at 18

1 Like

Again, the original comment was only lions focused. Bijan definitely will be a first round pick. Just wouldn’t hold your breath he is a lion….no matter how much I personally like the back.

3 Likes