Watching Bears Sports Chicago right now

Whats weird is Fields had the 2 big runs, 61 snd 67 yards, 128 on the 2. He had 19 yards on 11 carries the rest of the game finishing with 13 for 147

3 Likes

How long did Joey play again?

2 Likes

But they traded a 2nd rounder for Chase Claypool, who had 1 catch for 8 yards yesterday. haha

Depends on whether it was a Clementi sonatina or a Beethoven concerto.

4 Likes

Tchaikovsky 's 1st Piano Concerto.

Pack a lunch.

2 Likes

He keeps taking hits like he is and he doesnt make to week 13.

These two were pretty close (down 13):

That was exactly my point in bringing them up, just backing up what you said about it taking one good hit to change the trajectory of a running QBs career

1 Like

Sorry. My misunderstanding. Carry on.

I’m curious what fields’ injury was that he was bleeding so bad. did his helmet get turned and it tore his ear or something?

Not sure. Someone said it was on that last sack when he was introduced to the turf.

Slit turf?

Funny enough the knee injury actually extended Culpepper’s life in the NFL IMO. He was in his first official season without Randy Moss, and teams were exposing the fact that he never learned how to read an NFL defense. He had a 2-5 record with 6 TDs to 12 INTs at the time of the injury. It was brutal. Had he kept playing shit football he would have been out of the league sooner. With the knee injury teams tried to rationalize that maybe its rust and recovery that he needed instead of the fact that he had a shit tier mental game.

As far as Mike Vick, I have no idea where you were going with that one. I would need you to be really specific on what injury you are talking about and what you perceive was different post injury.

The NFL has put rules into place to protect QBs in the pocket. Absolutely can still get injured but when a QB decides to be a RB there chance for injury increases. Look I love what Fields brings as a runner but actually throwing the ball and running an offense he’s got a ways to go. The Bears are running for 250 plus yards a game and still losing

1 Like

That’s because of the defense. They are putting up 30 points per game in the last 4 weeks.

Its very similar to what the Lions were doing on offense at least yardage wise earlier in the season……and we were losing because of our defense as well.

If the bears were putting up that rushing yardage and could actually have a passing offense as well they would be dangerous.

In one of the threads about how to contain Fields my reply was to simply stay in your lane, and honestly, I don’t think it’s any more difficult than that. Make him beat you with his arm, period.

3 Likes

RGIII-like career. That’s what I see for him. He appears more durably built, but many of his plays are by design, and he’s also taking off quickly on those that are not. I can see him having slow development and being a bit banged up even if he does develop.

I’m wrong (a lot, actually), but I am not afraid of him at all.

2 Likes

Yes to all of this!

Yes to this too - Buuuuut…I dont’ think what they are doing on O is at all sustainable. Fields is gonna get hurt.

Lamar’s survived even though he’s much more slightly built. Vick, Cunningham, Russ, Watson, they may have been injured here and there but nothing career-ending like RGIII. Any player can get hurt in the NFL but RGIII is more of an outlier than otherwise.

Cam is the best comp because like Fields he’s huge. And eventually injuries ruined his career. But 1) Carolina used him as their goal line back and 2) Fields is already a better passer than Cam ever was.